Bouncers, what the...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mastah, March 28, 2011.

1. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Hi,

Since the new update I have noticed that Bouncers have been changed. Now when they jump at you and you avoid their grapple, they will knock you back.

This is really, really annoying. On Spunky it totally ruins the interest of the games.

Am I the only one to feel they are too overpowered now, when compared to other bots? (high life, stun, charge...) Also, I main Gunnah, so I guess my point of view is quite "neutral".
  2. killien

killien Active Member

On top of that the Assault's lvl3 Charge grapple takes out about 1/4 of a Bouncers health, instead of destroying it
  3. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Tank Alt grapple as well. Honestly it is EXTREMELY FUNNY to watch said bounchers FLYING across the screen at high speeds thought....

...I can't be the only on laughing every single time this happens can I?

Spamming Bounches thought is becoming a slowly growing valid option like this...
  4. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Honestly, the bouncer is the only bot-type that is not a threat at all.

It's even funnier when you throw them towards an unsuspecting friendly sniper :D
  5. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Well, I agree that most of the time they are not a problem. On Spunky though, with the fact that they automatically spawn, I find it kinda kills the interest of the map. People are forced to focus only on bouncers... And honestly I don't want to keep fighting those all match long, now that they are really annoying to kill.
  6. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

That explains all the stray Bouncers nowadays...
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I've always thought that they were really goddamn annoying on Spunky. I haven't noticed this new knockback thing, but the reduction in the Assault's Lv3 charge against them sucks.
  8. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

But what about Assault's Granade launcher, Gunner's Mortar Launcher etc etc. Don't they instant kill Bouncers? I was pretty sure i dealt with those pesky iron primates by butting my Shotgun on their head as Support. Would imagine that goes for everyone elses weapon grapples to.
  9. eternal

eternal New Member

Nope. On early stages of Blitz the bouncers have less health and you can 1hit grapple them. But in crossfire they have more health and a weapon grapple does around 50% of their max health. However the sniper's skill grapple, the assassin's sword grapple, and the gunner's skill grapple all 1 hit kill them.

I haven't used the assault's charge grapple on a bouncer since the patch. But if it is only doing about 1/4th of their health (instead of insta killing them like every other skill grapple.) then even using the grenade launcher grapple AND charge grapple on the same bouncer wont kill it.
  10. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

The knockback should be removed.
  11. killien

killien Active Member

I got the chance to do that earlier. It still had at least 1/3 of its health left
  12. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

not when im a tank on spunky.
    As soon as i see those bouncers being automatically spawned, I start spawning mine 2 at a time lol

You dont realize how fast that stops a push without even having to get into the action yourself lol
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

When I play support on spunky, I like to overheal the bouncers. Makes them so hard to kill, it's ridiculous
  14. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

So there we have it. Bouncers are OP. Nerf plox. :lol:

Was the reduction in damage from the Assault Charge intended? It was never mentioned in the patch notes.
  15. killien

killien Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me. They did ninja in the headcrab damage nerf to the MB
  16. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Well, I believe I have enough experience on this game to give my opinion. There were good changes and bad changes over the past few months, depending on everyone's opinion, but most people on these forums agree on the fact that Bouncers were annoying on Spunky before this update. Now they got even more annoying.

I believe it's unnecessary and it just kills the fun on Spunky, due to the fact that it's getting hard to focus on the rest of the game - push lanes, kills pros and destroy turrets. I don't see what's wrong with that.
  17. Diable

Diable New Member

I was in a game with no juice buying and the other team: their tanks saved up all their money and spammed Bouncers for the last 3 minutes. That was stupidly frustrating because of the knockback now. Deathblossoms are still pretty good against it but it that's getting less viable as an option because of the sick knockback.
  18. Dead Meat

Dead Meat New Member

As annoying as the bouncers are, I still think they are a great addition to the game (auto spawning part.) It adds a new dimention to the game and would love to see more auto spawning of bots on EACH map, just different bots (Scramblers on G3, Buzzers on SP .. etc.)

It keeps the game fresh and challenging without changing it completly.

One hit Kills are not challenging enough so I like the fact that they seem to be more resiliant against the more dominating forces, although some would argue the SIN needs the same treatment (not me. :lol: )
  19. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I wouldn't say they're overpowered as a $100 spawn bot. It's just the automatic spawning on Spunky that's incredibly annoying. They just need to come less often.. Also the way that they're trivial for some classes and a royal pain in the *** to others seems like it needs some work.

I'm guessing the assault charge thing is just another typo in the code, like how Lv3 non-grapple did almost no damage before the patch even though the ini file indicated that it should do as much as Lv2. Just using the wrong value name somewhere in there..
  20. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Since the patch, the only class I've used that made quick work of Bouncers would be the Assassin, and at that, she'd need to get dangerously close, and for some reason they can still chase me when I cloak up.