There is a Juiced Player.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by OD78891, March 28, 2011.

?

So what do you do?

1. Run into the spawn, as fast as I can!

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Let the enemy run out of juice and then make my move!

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. Upgrade the turret they're attacking and take one for the team!

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Pester the enemy in hope of relaying his attention towards me!

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Grapple him\her and pray that my partners help in delaying him!

45 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

What do you do when that Orange/Cyan glow starts charging it's way towards your precious turrets?

BE HONEST.
    Last edited: March 28, 2011
  2. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

If they are going after turrets let them. Wastes a bunch of juice time especially if they have no bots pushed up.

Killing bots with abilities is far more valuable then relying on turrets.

Now in the middle of the map you have to do everything you can to delay a juicer, grapples knockback, getting them to chase you and so forth.
  3. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Ringout that bastard.
  4. percept

percept New Member

5. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Grapple.

Support:
    Grapple + Airstrike.

That works wonderfully actually as youre so close you'll hit instantly and you have about exactly 0.15 seconds before the enemy can move while you can to make it happen!
  6. OD78891

OD78891 New Member

Well this is a very good turn of events, a good portion of you do the right thing and grapple! I spent a good 20 pub games with many of the play ending up running away or pester him with bullets.

What's worse is that you hear players going "Juice is OP'd yadda yadda yadda." If you don't know how to deal with them properly that is.......
  7. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

3 nubsins on my team.
    Juiced enemy player enters base.
    Nubsins spam shurikens.
    All friendly turrets are destroyed.
    All nubsins go: "lolwat Juice is OP."

UNFORTUNATELY... true story.
  8. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

I managed to ruin 5 juices in a row as a Assassin alone when a gunner was on a rampage. Back grapple followed by a smokebomb jump and hope for the best. around 8 seconds have passed before the Gunner regain his sight. No problemo.
  9. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I will always do my best to stall out a juiced player (Since I'll probably be the only one...) unless it's an Assault. It's best just to run away from a juiced Assault.
  10. Mail

Mail New Member

When I play tank, I charge then railgun grapple, hope I can knock them away or delay them long enough that they can't do much damage.

When I play gunner, I deploy and try to rip them to shreds before they cause any real damage, or try to pancake them or grapple them if I'm running my silly build.

When I play support I try to do the airstrike grapple thing but am not very good at it so mostly I just shotgun them at point blank provided they aren't an assassin or tank. I've always found it a little weird that you can be behind a juiced assassin and get instantly killed by their forward sword swing.

When I play sniper, I try to trap them, flak them, double grapple them, etc. Doesn't always work, but it does help.

When I play assault I mostly die. What I try to do is charge them, grapple them, and bomb them away from whatever it is they're trying to kill. But mostly I just die.

I haven't played assassin in ages, I wouldn't know what to do at all.
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Count the seconds of his juice and around 3 lunge+backgrapple him. Dead.

If he is smart just stay the **** away from him.
  12. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I'm torn between the upgrade turrets, run away.

They all have their uses.

When I'm support I usually keep around one turret hacked in the base, I keep it at level 2 until someone juice rushes then upgrade it to prevent damage. It kills them as soon as their juice ends, because I grapple them immediately after doing so.

When I see a juiced player in the midfield, I always run. The grapple isn't worth it when turrets/moneyballs aren't at stake.

I grapple after upgrading turrets I can afford to when they're in the base.

And my favorite option wasn't listed, juice myself. I save juice for 4 situations, empty enemy bases(love those), instant heals, moneyball down, and another juiced player. Nothing distracts a juiced player better than another one staring into their souls.
  13. Diable

Diable New Member

Since I'm usually a tank, I usually try to charge them and at least delay their advance.
  14. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I always run at them, or try to intercept them on their way to the next turret so I can attempt to grapple them, even though Support has the weakest/fewest grapples.

Sometimes I fail and I give them $25, other times I succeed and slow them down for those few precious seconds, that just might let the other turrets survive.... after which they still kill me and get the $25. :roll:

If I have the money, I'll upgrade the turret so as to protect it, but with Support's slow butt, that rarely coincides with a juiced attacker.
  15. arseface

You mean $12 they nerfed juiced money gain.
  16. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Really? Awesome... awesome to the max :mrgreen:
  17. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Juiced players are insanely easy to deal with on the PC version. You can charge around corners, grapple detection is much better, and the two Juice powerhouses - Tank and Assassin - do reduced damage to Turrents.
  18. arseface

How bad was it on the 360 :shock: Actually, with this patch it got way, WAY better. Grapple detection is almost entirely solid at this point.
  19. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Heavy classes had a tough time grappling light classes on 360, but I have yet to miss a grapple on the PC version.
  20. Kupi

Kupi New Member

I sigh deeply and wait for the respawn counter to hit 0.