GRR!* What Uber Entertainment Really Needs to do is-

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by L-Spiro, March 27, 2011.

1. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Receive some positive feedback for a change.

The lighting since the last patch is great. The shadows are much more detailed and cover the whole map, and the atmospheric lighting looks very nice. The arenas have a proper feel to them now.

Also, it was a nice touch to make Smoke Bombs block out life bars.
    I have been hit by a few of them already and it finally leaves me properly disoriented.

L. Spiro

* My stomach is growling. Im about to order a pizza.
  2. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

i really dislike the lighting in laserrazor it looks way to orange and fake
    the first time i played it with the new lighting it was actually quite hard on the eyes
  3. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Reaffirming my choice of the words for a change.

L. Spiro
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I like the new lighting and the new taunts are just awesome! I <3 the new Assassin taunt especially. I will sigh every time I upgrade to passive 3 now... :D
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Don't really like the lighting on Grenade III (colors seem too strong there) but Ammo Mule looks glorious.

New sniper taunt is also awesome.
  6. Mail

Mail New Member

I'm not too sure on the assault changes, but I have to say the new lighting looks pretty awesome in all cases. The taunts are as hilarious as they are badass.

I'm kinda sad about the support air strike change, though. It was my only counter to those damnable snipers in grenade III. Also does anyone have the exact numbers of what changed with juicing? I'm not sure what that bit meant, and haven't noticed much difference.
  7. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I must say the lighting on Ammo Mule is amazing.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Do you mean the money earned while juiced? If you kill something (pros and turrets) you get half (12$ instead of 25$ for a pro kill for example) and no money is earned when attacking the money ball while juiced.
    Don't know about bots or money pickups (don't really care though).
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Call me a flat out Uber fanboy but this whole patch was fantastic. The taunts, the lighting changes and the balance adjustments all are great. Even though my PC can barely handle I played for awhile yesterday.

I played to 12X something in SDB and by round 50 there was so much framerate lag. Good thing I had good turret placement.

Playing Crossfire was awesome getting to see others do the new taunts when I died was great. Yeah I die quite a bit in Crossfire due to the lag....but hey I play the objective heavily! ;)

So yeah I can't wait for all these changes to make it to XBox. I honestly think the game is almost perfectly balanced right now. So the only real problems they need to be fixing now are bug and glitches. Not even, Working on new Content!! :D
  10. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Wait, did someone else have their framerate drop significantly with this patch? I figured it was just me. I would have thought if this was widespread more people would whine about it than the assault nerf. Juicing is a pain when it drops your fps to 5.

While I don't own an xbox, I have to say for the sake of its community I hope microsoft will let uber port the updates(ideally for free). The PC is better :cool:,but that doesn't mean the xbox players should have less fun.
  11. DeadStretch

Nah, my PC is just under the system reqs. so when stuff gets crazy I lag. :lol:
  12. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Love everything in the new patch. Especially the small balance tweaks like getting no money when juice-attacking the money ball (which is kinda something that I recommended :cool: ). Grenade III's color scheme is my least favorite of the maps' new lighting, but it's hard to judge since I play the game on its lowest graphical settings. Might look better on a more powerful computer...I dunno.

There are still a few glitches (assassin lunge/spring glitch, I'm looking at you) that still have yet to be fixed, but I'm extremely pleased that the "to-do list" on fixing glitches is substantially smaller after the update.

Kudos, Uber :D
  13. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I felt LazerRazer's lighting was kind of a razer to my eyes when I started playing with it, gotten used to the glare though. Definitely matches the location of the arena.
    AmmoMule was a boring looking map before the lighting, but now with the darker areas (and more accentuated Ejectors) it's good for a change.
    Haven't entirely noticed much for G3, maybe due to the lack of games I've been playing on it.

Haven't been Smokebombed yet, so have yet to see what the difference is. Might help to try keep track of who's on what Health and which other enemies are nearby.

I like the Sniper SMG taunt with the Beta gear, unfortunately, I had been headshotted when I attempted it once. (Head hitbox near the floor, so it's not an abusive thing.)

No better timing on bringing the re-appearance of player levels, I only just got to my Slims.
  14. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

you get 12$ for a kill, $62(?) for a ringout while juiced, 17 or 18 for a rockit kill, 5 for a firebase kill.

basically everything is halved except ringouts.
  15. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

The new lightning makes the game the best stylized look I've ever seen. I mean it!

Cheers to the guys over at UBER :D
  16. AnnonAshera

AnnonAshera New Member

So anyone else have huge frame-rate drops since the past few patches?
  17. corducken

corducken Member

LazeRazor isn't too bad except now the hotshots have natural camo. It turns MNC into a next-gen game now with all that brown and bloom!

It's stylistic but unnecessary.

I'm glad how the gunner deploy now properly allows you to aim during the animation and reloading now fluid, so if you reload during undeploy you continue to reload after ending deploy - it makes deploying much easier to utilize. Unfortunately, the tank deploy still doesn't allow aiming or fluid reloads during deploys and during deploy/undeploy there are no animations for either so it's hard to tell when your enemy gunner isn't paying attention or when you're safe to approach him.

This graphical glitch becomes gamebreaking in a way because you can aim 360 degrees behind you with a high enough mouse sensitivity while undeploying and shoot people behind you. You should be locked in that 180 turning radius until fully undeployed. There's also a seemingly related glitch where people won't sync up with their deploy angle and they'll turn far too much to one side and their bullets will fly from thin air since their model won't turn any further.
  18. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

My framerate is fine. If you need a higher framerate, lower the graphics details and/or your resolution.

L. Spiro
  19. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Mine were at minimum pre-patch and I'm getting these problems.

Now, to stay in the mood of the thread, ammomule is beautiful. The new assassin taunt has to be the coolest taunt at this juncture. Honestly, if coolness like this is pumped out regularly for even a few more months I may die of over-exposure to frequent doses of godly awesome.

My love for this game burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.
  20. DeadStretch

No way! The Tank's new taunt is boss! I may be biased on that one. Come on though the Gunner double minigun kickflip is pure BA. The first time I seen it I was dead, laughed and raged at the same time. lmao