Gunners MiniGun Spoils Up Way To Fast.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Jason Miles, August 15, 2010.

1. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

i find my self running into alot of gunners without a gun up and.. that all i seem to do. im dead before i can realize, "hey thats a gunner." ecspecially for the lower armored classes. if three bullets kills you, wouldnt u think they should come out a little slower? just me complainin. anyone else encounter this?
  2. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Bullets can't go through walls bro, use it to your advantage, and why are you close to a gunner as a light armor class anyway?

Also, what class are you playing as usually?
  3. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

im all snipe. sum support when im bored.
  4. hatemakerr

hatemakerr New Member

So snipe your target, don't tap him on the shoulder. Use your trap to either hold him still and shoot him, or run away.

Seriously.
  5. vvipeout

vvipeout New Member

yeah as a snipe you shouldn't be near gunners and when they come close to you run away from them.
  6. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

You also have to realise that holding down LT with a gunners main will cause it to spin without shooting so it can be fully "spoiled" as you say before they even start shooting.
  7. vintoks

vintoks Member

Honestly when I play gunner I can hardly tell the difference between "spinning up" the mini-gun with the secondary fire button and then firing vs just firing "cold" (just using the primary fire button).

There ought to bit more delay when firing the mini-gun "cold" (no spin up) so that the secondary fire "spinning up" will have more of a use.
  8. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

i'd say it prolly saves you 3-4 seconds of slow inaccurate shots.
  9. Merck

Merck New Member

I hate to be a grammar nazi... but by spoil I hope you mean "spool". And I agree with AGW on this: Play to your strengths. Don't try to charge a gunner with your SMG, find yourself some nice cover and put a hole between his eyes from a few hundred feet away. I play gunner, and have this to say: There are a lot of bullets, and they are coming fast, but they also have awful spread. A gunner's killing potential increases exponentially as you get closer.
  10. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

Why is this posted in general?
    We need a complaint section for kids to cry in.
    80% of the active topics are complaint threads.

"oh no, you got killed, let's nerf the game for you"
    Go play Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing and let us enjoy the game.
  11. Proven

Proven New Member

The Gunner has rate of fire right? I believe that not only does it make him fire faster, it also causes him to spin up faster.
  12. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

Well, as they are giving feedback and you are disregarding it without thought or sense, maybe it's you who need a forum of your own? Yeh sure it should be in feedback, but, frankly it fits OK in the General Discussion, whereas your post is your typical spew of "stop crying".

As for this particular complaint - I really don't agree - for one you should try not to be anywhere near then - and two, ALWAYS run away from a gunner if you're too close. Snipers are the bane of a gunners life - just don't get too close.
  13. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

i know this. i just realized it while expirimenting with other classes. and even as a sniper, on maps like the steel peel, where they take the launcher pad up to the top level and land right in front of you. its just the gunner always seems to win the "oh ****" moments
  14. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Milk spoils pretty fast.
  15. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

I can understand his complaint as most miniguns in video games have a rev period before fire. Doesn't make much of a difference anyway since you shouldn't be that close to a Gunner.
  16. VelociraptorBill

VelociraptorBill New Member

If a Gunner lands right in front of anyone, except maybe a Support, he's going to kill them first. A Sniper shouldn't win that fight.