Update 3/25/11

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by azure, March 26, 2011.

1. Myst

Myst New Member

Ask and ye shall receive
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

AWESOME!
  3. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

Why no nerf attention toward the heavy classes? You guys keep the light and medium classes down and keep giving more and more advantages to the heavy classes. Why even use the nerf stick in the first place? I don't see any real balance issues in the first place. Just because a select few can dominate a field? I can do it with any class, why don't you just nerf me? Say cut off my hands so I can only play with my face? Maybe it's part of a larger plan. So far, any post beta adjustments haven't held any real grounds as an issue other than new players complaining about them excessively.

Other than that, you guys are doing an awesome job. I'm surprised that more arenas aren't darker being that this game is called Monday Night Combat. I love the new taunts and would love an option to select and choose which ones I want to roll with. Maybe have shorter taunt times but with less of a cash reward for performing them. Longer more fancy attention drawing ones with a larger pay off for completing without dieing.
  4. killien

killien Active Member

Actually I looked into that, the Impulse settings are how much knockback someone recieves, not the speed of the charge itself
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

My mistake. Mostly I'm annoyed that they nerfed the cooldowns so incredibly hard on charge and yet left the Tank and Assassin's alone.
  6. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Oh I hate this update, I loved the assault. I seriously think this was a bit to much of a nerf. Now charge rank 2 is shitty as F**K it's so slow to regen. And the bomb thing, now I can't trick snipers anymore.

The way I played assault, bomb 3 was the most important part of the game, controlling where people were at was essential, now that's mostly impossible. I really hope they look into this. I love what they've done so far, and I think it's one of the best games ever, but this just ruined my game style totally.

Why they didn't patch the front grapple turning into a back grapple as a sin blows my mind.
  7. eternal

eternal New Member

They did 2 patches ago, it has been significantly reduced in number. It still happens occasionally but I can probably count just using my fingers the number of times I've seen an assassin front grapple turn to a back grapple since that patch. And I've put like 15hours into the game since that patch came out.
  8. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I JUMP ND THROW MA BOMB LOL
    But yeah, the most mobile class probably shouldn't be able to bounce his enemies around at will.

:D
  9. NeLoDK

NeLoDK New Member

Mobile yes, but they aren't really the best at anything else? Bot killing naah, pro killing not really, long range weapon? well maybe the grenade launcher.

I just don't think they should make the timer go to 0% after you've thrown it, make it go to 50% or something. An Assault without a bomb is nothing. It's like a sniper without the fat 12yr making his next montage whilst eating chips and drinking cola.(Yeah I said whilst just to show you I ain't messing 'round)
  10. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Dear Assault,

Welcome to my world. Now you can suffer too.

Love,
    The Assassin.
  11. killien

killien Active Member

Third most mobile, at least in the area of running speed. Assassin and Sniper both have an 8% faster running speed, tho Assassin sprint adds much more
  12. eternal

eternal New Member

Assault was never the most mobile. Assassin has always been more mobile with Assault being close to as mobile in short bursts but certainly less mobile overall.

True Assassin and Sniper have faster run speeds than Assault, but mobility has to take into account more than just your move speed. The ability to increase that move speed on demand, as well as your jumping ability. That is why the tank is more mobile (by a lot) than the gunner, even though the gunner has 50 more move speed.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Assassin is still the most mobile. Sprint and superjump + boosted aircontrol from the smokebomb
    But yea, Tank has a bit more mobility than Gunner thanks to his charge
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Assault is the most mobile class.
  15. eternal

eternal New Member

Translation: I choose to ignore all of the evidence put forth and form my own opinion based soley on how much belly button lint I have at the moment. Problem, logic?
  16. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Wait assassins have the jetpack now? Assassins are the fastest but assault can get to much more places.
  17. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Problem: Your logic or experience.

Assaults have the jetpack, charge and bomb jump (which is pretty much the best method of traveling).

Assassin in terms of mobility has the smoke bomb (not nearly as good as the bomb jump) and lunge (which keeps you on the ground and therefore is rather bad).

An assault can get from his spawn to the other end of Ammo Mule in about 4-5 seconds. Try doing that with an assassin.
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

they're both very mobile in different ways
  19. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

The Assassin is a light class.

The Assault is not.

The Assassin is faster than the assault on the ground and can jump really damn high.

The Assault can fly. Really far, with a bomb jump.

There is nothing wrong with any of this.

Can we move on now?
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You forgot the Assassin's Run Skill.

How about this...Assault has the best air speed and the Assassin has the best land speed?