Update 3/25/11

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by azure, March 26, 2011.

1. azure

azure Member

Monday Night Combat Updates
    PC Product Update 6 -3/25/11

http://www.uberent.com/blog/2011/03/mon ... -update-6/
    screenshots of updated lighting.

Summary
    Todays update focus is two fold. The first is iterating on and pulling back the visibility of the All Star Rating. The All Star Rating system looks at many different aspects of the players play and uses an algorithm to come up with a number that represents their skill level. Its a system that fluctuates over time depending on how you play in every facet of Monday Night Combat. We will continue to improve the system over time. We also wanted to once again show player level and reintroduced that back into the UI.
    Secondly we took aim at some issues surrounding the charge abilities. We fixed several bugs with charge not doing damage, not doing knock-back, or doing knock-back when it shouldnt. We also retuned it so to make the Assault have to choose whether to use it to get into combat or get out of combat, not both.

Fixes
    Fixed enemy players being partially immune to head shots while using the turret purchase menu
    Fixed Assassins doing significantly more damage under certain latency situations
    Fixed Assassins doing lunge damage while dead
    Fixed enemy health bars showing while player is under effects of a smoke bomb
    Fixed Assaults Charge not doing proper knock-back if the target is in the air
    Fixed a few instances of the Assaults Charge doing no damage
    Fixed an issue that caused Supports Air Strike to immediately trigger if thrown out of the world
    Fixed an issue that caused players to get knocked back and damaged from charges when they are standing behind the Assault or Tank
    Fixed explosive projectiles sometimes exploding on a client early and in the wrong location
    Fixed issue that could cause dedicated blitz servers to reach an infinitely high round number
    Fixed issue where user may be unable to purchase Juice
    Fixed issue where charges did not deal proper damage and/or knockback
    Fixed exploit allowing users to spam Tanks Deathblossom

Balance and Adjustments
    Reduced the recovery speed of the Assaults Charge Skill.
    Increased the recovery speed of the Assaults Bomb Skill.
    Normalized the speeds of the Tank and Assault charge
    Players are now awarded less money while juiced
    The Assault Bomb skill no longer recovers while the bomb is in play
    Re-added player levels in the pregame lobby
    Team split will now somewhat use All Star Rating to choose teams
    Removed All Star Rating from the scoreboard
    Enable trilinear filtering on certain texture detail settings
    Undo minor change from previous patch causing charges to feel ineffective in high latency situations
    Voice icon appears on HUD and player names change color when talking
    All Start Rating displays more detail
    Lighting updates on AmmoMule, Grenade III, and LaseRazor Arenas
    Mascot colors changed back to Green and Yellow
    Team split now accounts for All Star Rating

New Features
    New taunts for all classes while wearing Retro or Beta Gear.
    An extra Gunner taunt with dual minigun for any gear.

New Issues
    With the recent change in Steams VOIP API we have been having problems with game volume and some Win 7 (and others?) sound settings. If you experience low game volume, please go Control Panel->Sound->Communications and tell Windows NOT to do any muting when it detects communications.
    Last edited by a moderator: March 26, 2011
  2. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

they typed "***" "ault" lol
  3. Solipcyst

Solipcyst New Member

Looks like it could be a good update. Small request, though. Grey out servers in the server browser if they aren't running the same version as you ;)
  4. Fus0r

Fus0r New Member

Agreed. That would be nice!
  5. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Are there any servers up at the moment which have the current update as I can't seem to find any at all :(
  6. WHAI

WHAI New Member

I'm glad they tuned down assault's bomb.Even though I play assault most of the time I have to admit that I felt pretty OP with mah explosives.

Also glad they brought player levels display back.

Also gotta see the new allstar balance system.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

There's an issue with old servers showing up when they're not supposed to. Working on it with Steam right now.
  8. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

You spoil us, Uber.
  9. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

just checked out the new taunts. pretty sweet.
    can't tell what the assassin and sniper "wrote" though
  10. azure

azure Member

It's a show of dexterity, like a game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0qVmZ4DsU
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Wow, that was quick! I only reported it 3 or 4 days ago

Here's what the exploit looked like, if anyone's curious:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1XoQRsHWLY

Just confirmed it fixed, so hopefully there's no harm in posting that now
  12. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I only tested in Blitz, but this appears to make Assault's Lv3 charge do even more than Lv2 charge in the air
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Can anyone with the update actually join any servers?

It sometimes gives me an error "The connection to the host failed. You cannot join the game session" and it sometimes just hangs and does nothing.

Is my 5.18 rating too high for ALL servers?
  15. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Well, considering the change to the Bombs, I guess this a reasonable compromise.
  16. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

the servers are prob not updated yet.

Also some info on how the star rating works would be nice, im 5.11 and i dont know why lol

Also for anyone interested:

Assault bomb lvl 3 = 10seconds (did this even change? i believe it was 10 seconds before as well)
    assault charge lvl 3 = 10 seconds

so overall charge got quite an increase in charge time, going from 6.6 to 10 on lvl 3

i normally run armor/skillregen/RoF (g/s/b) so that makes both skills regen in 7 seconds, still longer then the old charge.
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

my server-joining issue was because i had used console commands to set my max framerate

for some reason you can't use the command for that online, or join after using it.. but the settings still stick until a patch comes
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

So I'm trying to do jump->charge to use the assault's lv3 charge without grappling

Sometimes when I do the charge, I basically go nowhere. I think once I actually charged backwards a little bit
  19. Quimbo

Quimbo New Member

The rating system is still totally f*****... It's just not clear what exactly it takes to get a better rating. I was at 3.99 when I began, won a game with 34:3 k:d and 170 bot kills (1st place) and got rated down to 3.79. WTF? A quick 11:0 game (again most bot kills) rated me up very slightly only...
  20. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

stuff like that ive noticed as well.
    Especially joining an ongoing game is horrible for your star rating, ive actually been playing as a 5 star most of the time after that update but every single time i join an ongoing game that has only a few min left i drop back to 4, regardless of how many i won or how i played before and it will take 2 days again to climb back up.
    I can even be on the winning team with a 3.0 k/d but the with the least amount of money because i only played 3 min and ill still get downrated.

Now i dont give that much of a hoot about my rating but if i have to have it at least i would kinda like to know WHY i have it.
    I just find it a bit unforgiving atm in regards of "playing a single bad round (preupdate, dono if anything changed about it).