New weapons?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by PlumbumTheEpic, March 25, 2011.

1. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I know this is something that has probably suggested before, but here's how I see it working. Since we have the Endorsement system to change stats, the weapons have to be drastically changed, so I'll make an example for the Assassin

Assassin new secondary - Pistol

Sometimes, you have to modernise to succeed...

It has it's own advantages compeared to shuriken, but disadvantages, too.

Is hitscan
    Is fairly accurate (Think Assault Rifle Silver Acc Non-Aimed))

Does poor damage
    Small clip (Still improved by Assassin 2)

The idea of this is to give the Assassin more reliable ranged damage, at the cost of absolute damage.

Assassin New Primary - Hand-to-Hand

...and sometimes, it's best to go back to your roots.

Not carrying a blade allows the Assassin to run faster.
    New Assassinations are longer to perform (Still same damage, new techniques at Assassin 3 do same damage as sword)

The idea being that the Assassin is now the de facto fastest class, without sacrificing the Armor endorsement that a lot of Assassins use, but giving a new weakness.

What do you think?
  2. ThePRLPer

ThePRLPer New Member

I like your idea. That makes me wonder though on what is on uber's horizon. I mean financially speaking, are they working on new IP at the moment in the background or are they focusing on MNC? If its the latter, they may be working on that as we know it, but those things take time since designers must maintain the balance as much as possible.
  3. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

I like the shurikens the way they are, so i dont like the pistol idea because remember shurikens bounce and you just need to learn dem angles. It also might mess up the balance issues between classes if uber did that. So, its a no for me sorry.
  4. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Agreed.

Also, it would take away much of the Assassin's ability to effectively deal with Firebases and Pros that are tucked away in places where other Pros carry clear disadvantages (lower left tunnel of Lazer Razor for example).
  5. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

6. ThePRLPer

ThePRLPer New Member

I'ts true that the assassin has an advantage but wouldn't you agree that its a nice trade off due to her frailty. IMO good supports should pick up their firebase before its destroyed.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

The Assassin's frailty is countered by her many escape mechanisms (Lunge, Dash, Smokebomb, Cloak).

I consider myself a decent Support, and I don't usually pick up my firebase when it's being destroyed. I set it down, hack it and leave it to heal pros and guard the bot lane that my firebase can't cover. When it gets destroyed, It is ready for another deploy in about 30 seconds and I find another suitable location for it.
  8. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

These two weapon ideas sound reasonable, but as stated by others the pistol is a bit underpowered compared to shuriken launcher.

Your firebase covers the lane it doesn't cover? How do I get mine to do that?
  9. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

LOL! Let me rephrase. I let my firebase control a bot lane while I go heal pros and guard the other lane. When my firebase inevitably gets destroyed, I find another place to put it. :D
  10. MoButtah

MoButtah New Member

Remember, guys, he's not just talking about a pistol for the assassin. He's talking about giving all pros alternate weapons. Voice your opinion on that part, too.

Personally, I like that idea. I'd love to see a slow-shooting rocket nuke for the assault, or lightning-chain gun for the tank that can disable bots or blind pros on occasion.
  11. PlumbumTheEpic

Thanks.

I was making the point that if we added new weapons, they'd have to be radically different. The pistol and hand-to-hand are just examples.
  12. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

Like I said before...it would take to much work and balancing to do such a thing. I honestly dont see that idea balancing out at all. Their trying to balance the game as it is, not add more to unbalance it.
  13. TwevOWND97

TwevOWND97 New Member

Valve did it with TF2 just fine, why can't Uber?
  14. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

becaues valve STARTED with [8] characters, they didnt start with 6 and add 2
  15. PlumbumTheEpic

9. Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Spy.
  16. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

You guys are both wrong and should stop making things up. Scout, soldier, demo, and medic. Four classes.

So Uber > Valve because they could balance six classes to the point where none of them are utterly useless, even if it does take a new version of the game and a few patches to do so.

SUCK IT, VALVE

:lol:
  17. PlumbumTheEpic

When did we start talking comp?
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Spy was only useless when there was a lot of communication, pyro was only useless because people could watch the flanks, heavy isn't that useless with a good medic, engineer was useless because of good medics and demos, sniper is still used a lot.

None of that is in pubs, except for a lot of snipers. Which is what TF2 is meant to be played in.

On topic: What Smokez said.
  19. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's not strictly in competitive matches that class imbalances stuck out. You can go and play any pub match on either console to this very day and notice there's only four classes worth using against even mediocre players.

Pyro is the very definition of niche(even his/her compression blast and new weapons on PC don't sound like they escape this on PC), Heavy requires catching enemies off-guard and being close to them(I imagine it's better with the tightened cone of fire and reduced damage dropoff on PC though), Engineer is simply too slow and weak to compete against Scouts/Soldiers/Demos, Sniper suddenly becomes weak in the hands of all but the best in enclosed areas, and Spy's a joke. I know if I could dominate a Spy from a high tier clan that had four other clan buddies ganging up on me for griefing purposes in a pub game and said Spy couldn't even get an assist on me when I'm playing *HEAVY*, Spy can't be that useful.

Or if the Spy's targets watched their backs. The most they can do then is switch classes, spam revolver, or try to get in a sidestab desperately.

But then, two spies using teamwork would be pretty handy.
  20. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

To be on topic, I always thought an alternate weapon for an assassin would be something like a bow 'n' arrow-like ordeal.

For a tank, I thought he would have a jet gun that would blow back bots and pros (while sacrificing his death blossom).