PLEASE Change the Tank's Jetgun Mechanics

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by noyesknifer, March 24, 2011.

1. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

I main tank and I can't tell you enough how hard it is to aim with the jet gun because of how lag affects it. To my knowledge, it's not really a "bullet" and does not follow the crosshair. I never ever use the crosshair to aim with it. So here's my fix, make the jet gun stream an effect, but change the mechanics and make it work like a regular gun with reduced range (Invisible bullets) Not only will this make Tank a better pro killer, but it'll make other tanks such as myself a little bit happier.

If you don't get what i'm saying I'll try to elaborate a little more.

EDIT:I would also like a more precise crosshair, the other one isn't very clear on where the beam is going.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

It just takes time. Using the Tank's Jetgun on the PC is downright deadly. On the XBox you will clearly be burning an enemy and they take zero damage and don't even got on fire. I guess because of that I find it way more accurate on the PC version.
  3. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

I guess what I'm asking for is to make it MORE deadly as it is not deadly enough to kill good assaults.
  4. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Trust me, it's plenty deadly. You just don't use it right.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

I've had that happen on PC too
  6. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

IMO, the jetgun is not underpowered. You just can't expect to kill good players before they escape your range.
  7. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

from my experience, i can assure you, it is very. very. deadly.
  8. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Hey, you know what's cool? Wasting half a clip of Jetgun on a Support that you snuck up on, only for him to turn around and Shotgun you in the face.

That said, the Jetgun does more damage the longer you focus the beam on someone, which is hugely important against Armoured Assaults and Gunners.
  9. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I know what we'll do!

We'll make the jet gun so powerful whenever the tank activates it he is being pushed BACKWARDS! Just like a real jet! : D
    Just for balance.
  10. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

Only if it allows me to dash across the map backwards at blinding speeds.
  11. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

@Vleessjuu
    Why ofcourse! That's the whole point!
  12. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

Blinding speeds

Boots of Blinding speed.

Morrowind nostalgia... Damn it
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Heh, reminds me of ExcessiveOverkill in UT2004
    LinkGun + any movement and you could scream across a map, climb walls, rocket into the sky... fun times
  14. Diable

Diable New Member

The mechanic now works fine. From what I can tell, the stream doesn't cause a burn unless you are in the proper range or sustaining hits. I think one of the protips tell you that the closer you are, the more damage a jetgun does.

There is also something to do with movement speeds, if you have a speed endorsement or picked one up, you will notice a big difference because technically, you are getting closer to the enemy, faster.
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Eh sometimes the jetgun does bend you over, because the beam connect, the person is on fire but he doesn't take damage.
  16. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

a way to counter this is to immediatly take your finger off the fire button for a split second then go back to burning
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

At max range, no. At point blank, yes.

This game, when it comes to tankVSassault, is about timing skills. Let me try to break it down:

-The assault has a charge, and you have a charge. As a close range and long range class, you are going to have to force him at those ranges.
    -To get him at long range, have him backing away from you shooting. Maybe even make him burn his charge. Then, charge away from him and link railgun shots to him.
    -To get him at close range, try to turn a corner and wait for him. He will probably jump around the corner, jump with him and charge point-blank.
    -If you can't get him around a corner, just have him following you and charge at him, and when he charges back as well, you back off too and you will have more room from him to railgun in retaliation.

If you get point blank when he doesn't have a charge to escape, hold the jetgun on him. If you actually connect with a charge, hit him with a deathblossom. Otherwise, use railgun and product nade.
  18. Esham

Esham New Member

its just lag compensation. Devs had said the jetgun suffers the most when lag comp is in effect.
  19. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Right, because after nerfing assault survivability, mobility, and pro killing ability, we should now buff tank vs assault, with tank being one of two classes that got buffed by the armor nerf.

Learn to play before suggesting balance changes.
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

trust me i get the invisible shield a lot even with less then 100 ping, no idea why, it is annoying and no one else seems to have that issue :(