I just played a game... against 6 assaults.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by arseface, March 22, 2011.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

This is the third time this has happened since the free weekend ended. Have the new players all just decided to deathmatch as assaults instead of assassins?

In another game an assault had the balls to tell me assassins were useless when I went sin at the start of a match. Seriously, what's with the assault superiority complexes lately?
  2. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I can say the personality matches pretty well. :lol:
  3. Mail

Mail New Member

Maybe if it was sniper, since the assault is more of an attention whore than a blatant "I'm better than you" guy.
  4. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

I've been playing assault more since the free weekend, I play in pubs a lot and I got tired of defending lost causes as tank. As assault if the moneyball goes down I can ensure it never goes back up whilst still getting 100-150 bot kills a round and dying much less. I dunno about all the new players but he is just a lot of fun to play with.

I'd still rather a team of tanks or gunners but having a bunch of assaults is generally more helpful than a bunch of clueless assassins. At least they arn't trying to facestab tanks over and over.
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Well maybe because assault is the strongest class in the game at the moment? Not saying the can play it though.
  6. kotay

kotay New Member

assault = best class. Don't hate :p
  7. Esham

Esham New Member

Assault is well round enough to be effective with a tonne of other assaults. With high movement and pestering attacks at range plus nades for bots it works well.

Although a gunner can have a lot of fun against them with a competent support on his team.
  8. FunkyGoose

FunkyGoose New Member

I have played as an assalt in a few of these matches, and i can tell you that a team full of assaults is probably the second most fun team to play in, 1st being highlander style (not so sure about against though...)
    It's just so great when all your team have that much mobility and can come to your aid and help each other do stuff, and the moneyball rushes are spectacular!

... I wonder what a team of 6 assassins would be like?
    ;)
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Dead.
  10. PKC

PKC New Member

Back in beta I played in an epic match on lazer with 6 supports. We absolutely dominated the whole game but ended up losing coz we couldnt actually push inside the base. Was pretty fun though :)
  11. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

12. DeadStretch

Fantastic! Skizzen was reading my mind.
  13. Rammite

Rammite New Member

I've heard wolf packs of three assaults can dominate a match. Maybe they just wanted to take it to the next level?
  14. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Not if I throw Shurikans at said slow target.
  15. jAstro

jAstro New Member

16. miahbot

miahbot New Member

At least lose... I like how most sins have like 10 on their end game bot count.
  17. DeadStretch

I'll just pull out my hit-scan Railgun and kill you in 3-5 shots. ;)
  18. Goose

Goose Active Member

I can see 6 Assaults doing very well actually if you don't let the opposing team get turrets because that would be the biggest issue. 6 assassins, not so much :lol:
  19. Mail

Mail New Member

20. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

just watched. pure win lol