Livestream

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Tsumeato, March 21, 2011.

?

Livestream YES/NO

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Tsumeato

Tsumeato New Member

Hai Everybody! (+1 for reference)

Just a simple thing i'd ask, as i'm currently considering starting a livestream, and wanted to know if people would be interested in watching such a thing?

I'm not so sure whether i would leave the mic open here (Headsplosions are common when i rage) So don't expect any commentaries, just gameplay, and perhaps the occasional music night.

Other stuff to add.

I would most likely be spending 95% of the time as an Assault or Sin, as those are my preferred classes, would you watch someone only playing those 2? (Possible there's more if i ended up starting this, and found other people who'd like to stream when it's otherwise down)

That's about it, any useful comments i will read, other than that, just vote :eek:
  2. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I voted yes.

Not 'cause I would personally watch it (I'd rather play the game myself). But it may be a direction to point at if there's people who may be interested in the game, but are unsure of whether to get it or not, 'cause they lack information.
  3. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

If you can do it, just do it! Once you have it working start getting word around, if people are going to be interested you will find out for yourself and you will already be rolling. Asking around doesn't hurt but the risk people ignore is you build interest then the show goes live and the sounds broken and the video quality is awful and suddenly you lose the interest you generated.

Lesson for life: Just go do it.

Depending on when you actually stream I'd probably watch sometimes. I frequently have SC2 streams open when I'm sitting in photoshop.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I can watch livestreams at work but I can't play online. Just saying... ;)
  5. Tsumeato

Tsumeato New Member

Well i have of course tested it first :p

Anyways, First video is up(It bugs out by the end for some reason, happens once in a while on this site), and sometime in the near future i will start streaming regularly
  6. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

Quality seems fine save for an apparently rare visual bug, I would/will watch.

Would be nice if you got in to some more populated games though, I dunno if you have some preference for that server or not but not a whole lot was going down in that video.

Not going to critique gameplay so much but I don't really understand why you'd upgrade your bomb and then not use it very much.
  7. Tsumeato

Tsumeato New Member

The answer to everything is "I recorded it at 3am" :p Barely any people on (I tried getting into populated servers, but somehow when they showed 10/12 there'd be almost no1 on :/)

The bomb part, ye, still not used to spamming skills all the time, as i am pretty new to this game, hopefully, that'll come in time.
  8. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

It's cause the server browser shows how many spots there are left, not how many spots that are taken.
  9. Tsumeato

Tsumeato New Member

That's ehhhh, odd, but ok now i know :p Thanks for the info.
  10. Mail

Mail New Member

I will watch you play.
  11. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

What is your time zone? Cause 3am on anything American pretty much counts me out, being in the UK. Otherwise I'd definitely tune in and if you turn out to be actually entertaining I am always pointing people to interesting looking things.
  12. Drex

Drex New Member

kind of a coincidence since i actually did a livestream of MNC with a few friends just last night. :p

kinda fun actually, though i do get some ping issues now and then along with a bit of choppy fps issues, but still able to work sniper just as well. :)
  13. Tsumeato

Tsumeato New Member

I am from EU myself, so no worries there :p

Awesome, should do more so we can (try) get this game more popular :p

Stream will go up at approximately 2PM GMT tomorrow (I hope so at least) Will bump this when it is.