gunner is overpowered

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scyfed, August 15, 2010.

1. scyfed

scyfed New Member

i was playing support and healing and upgrading my rocket turrets,(forgot which map) and a support/gunner starts shooting at me from miles away and kills me, then runs up and steamrolls my entire base and gets up to spawn, deploys and boxes us in our spawn, we couldnt killed him because the support was healing him, couldnt headshot him because of the head barrier, and couldnt back grapple him as an assassin. then the rest of his team came up there and destroyed our moneyball while he single handedly spawncamped us.

most of his abilitys are alright but his damage at range is just ridiculous and he is impossible to kill with a support healing him.
  2. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

I've never been camped directly into the spawn, but I've had a tough time uprooting a support/gunner team that finds a good spot. As much as I hate to compare this game to TF2: you always have to shoot the medic first.

The trouble I have playing gunner is that I either want to put my endorsements into armor and health regeneration (because I think I'm dieing too easily), or into accuracy and firing-rate (because I think other people should die more easily).
  3. Captain Awful

Captain Awful New Member

They are a match made in heaven (or hell, depending on how you approach the situation).

The best thing to do in such a situation is to air strike the gunner, that's a one hit kill. Or you could spawn as an assassin, go around back, kill the support, and start hacking at the gunners behind.
  4. itz mr gaga

itz mr gaga New Member

This is actually great cause I think Uber wanted this to be possible to only a certain extent, I think Teamwork was all that was on their mind designing this game. But it is a tad overwhelming when this happens every single match. The Heal gun need's a nerf badly (like making it overheat would be a great idea. Or adding disarming mechanics)
  5. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Yep, airstrike is win! :D
  6. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Sniper is a gunner's best friend, he will feed him bullets all day long.
  7. SuperEvilDOOM

SuperEvilDOOM New Member

Gunner isn't overpowered. He just needs a little accuracy taken off his minigun from a medium/long distance. It hits from a little too far, and if they use Accuracy for an endorsement it can be a little crazy.
  8. chaosangel09

chaosangel09 New Member

only thing that needs to be nerfed on the support is the airbombs second its called team work there using it so you need to use it by teaming up and shooting at the support he cant last long with one pro shooting at him let alone 2-3.
  9. chaosangel09

chaosangel09 New Member

agreed
  10. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Airstrikes are fine. You have what? 2 - 3 seconds to get out of the way? That's fairly easy.. Unless of course you're a deployed tank/gunner.. :roll:
  11. DevilAir

DevilAir New Member

which i think it's what actually the airstrike is for. If you're a gunner/tank deployed in a non-covered place, you deserve to be airstriked.
  12. chaosangel09

chaosangel09 New Member

my mistake maybe i did not word it well. what i mean is the number you have (3) should be nerfed and the recharge rate the damage is fine but having 3 insta kills with a crazy fast recharge rate is a bit much dont you think?
  13. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

Every class has atleast one of their own crybaby threads. It's a shame that this is what the forums have become.
  14. scyfed

scyfed New Member

thats what i said..... and the fact that if he has a support healing him he is unbelievably hard to kill.