WIN a Crossfire match w/ ANY class - 4 EASY STEPS! (updated)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Das Attack Cows, February 1, 2011.

1. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Here's roughly how my brain works in a crossfire match:

-Match start! Oooh, basic skills, dash like a madman for a bot lane nobody else is going for.
    -BOTS. MUST KILL BOTS.
    -A PRO NEAR MY BOTS! HE WANTS TO HURT MY BOTS. NOBODY HURTS MY BOTS.
    -TURRETS? HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT. I DESTROY YOU. NOBODY HURTS MY BOTS.
    -HELLO MONEYBALL. DIE.
    -DIE MONEYBALL DIE.

But on a more serious note, it surprises me how if the match is heading to overtime how i'm the only person in or even NEAR the enemy base when that timer ticks down to 0. I always keep a close eye on the timer and make the necessary preperations.

When that thing hits 20 seconds, i make my way. Cloaked, with juice and the shuriken launcher at the ready, to the enemy base. The MOMENT that ball drops, i pounce. And more often than not, i'm alone in attacking. And by that i mean it takes forever (or never) for someone to join me. I don't expect a class that can't turn invisible to be standing there beside me. But you could try and join the fun?
  2. Das Attack Cows

Das Attack Cows New Member

Ah, yes. This is true for the most part. I will add this to my guide.
  3. Das Attack Cows

Hi, tigerhawk71! Thanks for your feedback! :D

But yes, I can relate to your dilemma. Little do most people know is that once the moneyball is down, hitting it will reset the timer for it to go back up.
  4. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Anytime mate. :) Always good to see someone who plays the game a bit who isn't in danger of choking on thier own face, if you get my drift.

I have started recording my matches recently.. for fun, partly. I like making montages with nice music.

But i have noticed in a number of my matches that i will almost single-mindedly focus on just attacking that moneyball when it drops, no matter when it drops. As an assassin i find that is my job... Keep it down, keep damaging it, keep them looking for me and chasing me around. Let the support or whoever else deal with the finer points of base defense... unless our ball is also down. That's where the line blurs. If it's actively under fire, i'll help defend it then dash for the enemy ball. Winning only works if you don't lose first.
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

if you are the only one attacking their moneyball you should have 5 other people on defense.
    At that point I'd say I'm better off killing the moneyball.
  6. Das Attack Cows

'ello DehydratedWater, thanks for your opinion!

I may have construed your words. Did you actually mean that there are 5 other people on the opposing team defending?

If you didn't mean that, then I STRONGLY disagree with it. Having 5 people on your team on defense while you're the only one attacking is highly inefficient. Also, there is a very good chance that the timer on the moneyball would reset.

Cheers! :D
    - Attack Cows
  7. Das Attack Cows

Ahh, yes. The assassin is the most agile character and is definitely good for carrying this out.

8. FastJack42

FastJack42 New Member

Oh my oh my oh.... my.

This is my new favourite gaming quote... Could not stop sniggering for half an hour... Especially since it is more or less how my brains works too as a 'sin.

Cheerio!