Connection Issues with MNC, disconnects within 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by ilovecrack, March 19, 2011.

1. ilovecrack

ilovecrack New Member

I'd love to buy this game as it's a blast, but as of right now this game is unplayable. Within 5 minutes of being on any dedicated or player hosted server I get a lost connection and everything freezes, robots run forward, only my player can run around. Basically I'm getting disconnected but not getting sent back to the server browser.

Another problem I have is that the server browser doesn't seem to produce similar results every refresh. The same servers don't show up on each refresh.

I've had one game crash/freeze where I had to cold restart.

Whenever I exit the game, it doesn't exit properly, it fails to respond and I have to click the close this program windows 7 button.

Upon exit the game screw up my DPI intensity settings on my logitech g5 mouse (there are 3 settings). All of them seem to get shifted one setting down, basically they all become slower.

I also have the bug where the smoke/particles are just black clouds.

I have a brand new system that runs all my other multiplayer games flawlessly.
    - i5 2500k, radeon 5870, 8gigs 1.5v ddr3 ram, windows 7 64bit.
    - I have all windows updates installed including sp1.
    - I had avast antivirus installed, I still get the disconnect problem after uninstalling avast and restarting.
    - I have tried running with windows firewall and windows defender off.
    - I can play other multiplayer games just fine without problems for hours on end (battlefield bad company 2, even demigod which was horribly bug ridden, league of legends, medal of honor multiplayer, company of heroes, and more)
    - I never see a crash/black screen of death anywhere else with any other game only this one.
    - I don't own a thompson router, we're using a linksys hooked up to comcast.
    - I have all the proper/latest drivers installed for all my hardware, and I built this system a few weeks ago.

Unless you can give me some specific work-around for my disconnection from any server within 5 minutes problem, I'll be blaming the game and not buying it. If I can fix the disconnects I can play and be happy.
  2. Jakkar

Jakkar New Member

My sympathies. To add some weight to this, I'd love to buy MNC having been impressed by the free weekend on Steam, but if it takes me 30 - 60 minutes to find a server that won't drop me within five, the server browser sometimes just loses all function until I restart the game and in general I can't rely upon being able to play I can't justify the cash.

I wish Uber luck in solving their problems - I guess the Free Weekend has acted as a sort of stress test, bringing to light all sorts of issues that were harder to isolate with a smaller population.
  3. ilovecrack

ilovecrack New Member

Well, I thought I fixed the DC problems by turning off the power saving options... turn off monitor within 5 minutes to never. That was just a fluke thought... I tried 3 games today, the first 2 I got the disconnect problem and then the third froze and gave me a grey screen of death... no idea. All within 5 minutes each game.

This game reminds me of demigod, if anyone here is familiar with that. Hopefully they can fix this because it's a blast.
  4. 1avatar1

1avatar1 New Member

5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I suggest trying the thing that 1avatar1 posted if anybody of you has one of those devices.

And 1avatar1, why didn't it work? Was the entry not there or what?
  6. ilovecrack

ilovecrack New Member

I don't have one of these routers but I'll watch the video...
  7. ilovecrack

ilovecrack New Member

Once he said "If you're in the US you don't have this problem" I stopped watching...

They should just sell the idea and game to valve :p. It's a great multiplayer game I just wish I could play it...
  8. 1avatar1

1avatar1 New Member

I coudnl't get it to work since it coulnd't connect to telnet from the CMD
    but since then i've seemed to fix it by putting my home Ip in the browser's address bar and forwarding the port from there ( I use a BThomehub 2)
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You couldn't connect with telnet? Did the IP of your router change (it's most of the time on the bottom of the thing) or was telnet just not activated (not the case in Windows 7 which is ******* retarded)?
  10. ilovecrack

ilovecrack New Member

Well, my disconnect issue magically went away. I'm guessing that the servers were possibly overloaded during the free weekend and that's what was causing it? The main problem I have now is that the game sometimes freeze halfway through a game. It's not a system/hardware issue as all my other games are playable for hours.