The Known ATI black particles bug - Fix on the way?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by eternal, March 13, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

Pretty summed up in the topic title.

Is there a fix on the way for the known bug where particle effects such as smoke turn into giant black blobs or have you not narrowed it down yet, or do you simply not plan on fixing it due to the resources required to do so vs the rather low occurance of this minor graphical bug?
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I believe it's up to the ATI team at this point to fix it via a future driver update; unless someone can correct me on this.

Until then, I'll just regard those blinding specks as battlefield flak. :lol:
  3. eternal

eternal New Member

That could be true, but this is the only game I've experienced this issue on so I dunno if its entirely ATI's fault :p

No other game on the Unreal engine has had this issue (or any engine for that matter)
  4. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Odd.. does it only happen with certain ATI chips? I've got a 6900 series card in here and have yet to see this happen. Is there a certain resolution or graphics option that causes it? (i've got everything turned up because i'm all hardcore and stuff like that)
  5. Bakey

Bakey New Member

I have these black effects regularly.

5770, latest drivers, settings maxed.
  6. FreeQuebec86

FreeQuebec86 New Member

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 here, got that too :(.

Only game too ! Like if i compare to bulletstorm ( my only other unreal game on pc i think )
  7. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

what happens if you try lowerring some settings?
    Might be 1 thats "causing" it.

I would suggest turning everything to minimum and see if it still happens, if it doesnt you can then turn everything back up again on a step by step basis untill u find the setting thats causing it.

i have this problem with a skybox in 1 game if i have the shaders set to max.
    Not sure if its alike ofc. but it might be worth trying if nothing else works.
  8. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Okay, i have an update on this.

My system drive decided to crap itself yesterday. Since i reinstalled the ATI drivers (meaning i installed the latest ones as mine were a bit outdated before) I am now experiencing this bug.

Same version of windows, same hardware, latest drivers (latest everything really..), now getting the bug.
  9. FreeQuebec86

FreeQuebec86 New Member

i try to put all graphic down and it was almost worst xD.( but keep my ????x1080 resolution, i just think about thaht )

And i didnt notice the maps, but my first play i didnt see it. 2nd match its started ( i was at full max setting, then i try lower and it was still there ).

Stilll love the game xD, it just annoying a bit. This game almost replace TF2 for me :O
  10. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

does anyone else know why some people can see the tanks legs like an increased FoV for some people but for others you can barely see below his waist
  11. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

ATI Mobility Radeon HD6370

I experience this bug only when I up the world detail. Textures are at max, and that last setting is at minimum as it does very little.
  12. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

I have had both an XFX HD5770 and now an XFX HD6850 that have this issue (as seen on some of my youtube videos). Unfortunately, the lowest world detail setting makes the map look very bland but taking it above 0 results in black artifacts and small, abrupt frame rate hiccups (drops to 45-50 for a split second and immediately returns to 60). These both occur at all resolutions I've tried as long as world detail is above minimum.

The only way I can enjoy the game is playing on minimum world detail. I hope a fix comes at some point :(. I'd like to enjoy the game at higher settings.
  13. killien

killien Active Member

Fix: Switch to nVidia :p

Seriously, I'd like to know why ATI and UE can't seem to get along as I remember the black particles bug being reported in UE2.5 games
  14. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

You get a lot of bang for your buck in the mid-range ATI cards :/. I've had a better experience with ATI cards but if I wanted to get a $300+ card, I'd go nvidia.
  15. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

After setting my Resolution to 800x600 via command line, I was able to turn the World Details to max settings w/o artifacts.

Could this issue be related to how the cards respond to higher stresses with Unreal 3 Engine?
  16. killien

killien Active Member

Depends on the card really. I've seen nVidia cards outperform ATI and vice versa
    Reason I prefer nVidia is out of all the computer geeks I've known, most have a gripe with ATI's drivers and nVidia hasn't let me down yet
  17. Xalerwons

Xalerwons New Member

For benchmarks, ATI has much better performance per dollar (this is mostly because they have more memory and better clock speeds stock)

In practice, NVIDIA has much better support with your typical mainstream game developer. Also, the premium you pay leads to much more frequent driver updates.

For hardware, YMMV always applies of course.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

"I think we know what it is now but want to confirm."

that is from Eka.....so im sure a fix is coming soon