Suggestion: Class Cap

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by yay4pachirisu, August 15, 2010.

1. yay4pachirisu

yay4pachirisu New Member

Hi. Came from another board (gamefaqs) and there are alot of people complaining about how having 3+ assassins or snipers on a team is considered useless to the main objective. There are also complaints about having a full team of Supports destroying the other team or a team of gunners or so like.

I'm just throwing this in the air as an open suggestion. Is class cap preferable?
  2. Turnip

Turnip New Member

YES. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WRITE ABOUT THIS. YES.

1 assassin
    2 snipers
    3 tanks
    3 support
    4 gunners
    4 assualts

May need tweaking.
  3. shadow391

shadow391 New Member

umm no cause then no one will play unless they can be the class they want... they will just continue leaving games until they get to be that class... having too many of one class is a strategy whether bad or good... a team of all snipers and/or assassins can still win its just depends on how you play it..
  4. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

1 sniper
    1 gunner
    1 tank
    1 assault
    1 support
    6 assassins

Should do well :lol:
  5. ptcMalice

ptcMalice New Member

Why not two of each class? Really, more than that of any class is either completely unfair or doesn't help the team at all.
  6. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Well then. Who or what decides who gets to play what? Hardly seems fair now, does it?
  7. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

I like it. Maybe have a lottery before the match start and give each player 10 seconds to pick. Would take a minute.
  8. Kitsu-Kun

Kitsu-Kun New Member

Disagree. I think its totally fine to let a team run 6 assassin if they think they can win. Right now the game is new and teams are not coordinating. It is foolish to balance a game based on people not playing it seriously. Most of the folks online are playing casually or just learning. Give it time for the casuals to quit and the ones who want to stay to learn.
  9. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

I also agree with that, but I'd much rather have team restrictions than nerf the current lineup.
  10. Togedude

Togedude New Member

I think this is necessary, but mainly to prevent swarms of Gunners or Supports.
  11. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

This is the second time in one day I've done so, but once again I need to compare this to TF2.

TF2 enabled class restrictions because everyone and their mother wanted to play the spy, unfortunately this meant that practically every game you joined would have some twelve-year old as the spy, sacrificing himself over and over again without actually accomplishing anything and your team would have to find other ways to overcome things the spy could have literally walked right by.

Imagine if you were a skilled sniper but unable to play as one because two kids thought it was fun to run around with the SMG. I'm all for letting them do whatever they want to have fun, but when that means I can't have fun too then something is wrong.
  12. yay4pachirisu

yay4pachirisu New Member

Yeah i haven't thought about it that way o_O

I love being a sniper on the team and being one of the top 3 players on the team but if everyone wants to use the sniper class because you get a cool looking sniper rifle then i would be left shorthanded.
  13. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

Yes, preferably maximum 2 of each class - and preferably something to make sure that everyone gets their chance at first choice every other game. It would certainly stop some cheap tactics and some anti-game play too.