Assassin's Speed Never Slowing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Ladnil, August 14, 2010.

1. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

This has happened to me once, but I've heard reports of it from other people as well. At first they thought it was the other guys cheating/modding, but when it happened to me I feel like it can be safely called a glitch.

Basically I was playing the Assassin, and at some point I just stopped slowing down when Sprint expired, when Juice expired, even when I died. Every movement was at juiced Sprint speed, and it never reset even upon death. I don't know what I did to trigger it but it was definitely ridiculously overpowered and probably made the other team think I was cheating.

Wish I could give you guys more info on how to duplicate the glitch so you could correct it easier, but that's the best I've got. Only happened once in my many games.
  2. Psyant

Psyant New Member

One of my friends found out how to do a glitch that sounds a lot like this.

It's a very easy glitch to perform with the Assassin class that lets you run at rediculous speeds even when not dashing. You become practically unkillable and can scale entire maps in a few seconds, and can jump rediculously far as well (especially with the super-jump via the smoke bomb).
    Last edited: August 15, 2010
  3. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

woah I would seriously edit your post, private that video and PM a dev, that can be abused to no ends! please.
  4. Psyant

Psyant New Member

Yeah, you're right, I removed how to do it from my post. Who should I PM about this?
  5. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Anyone on this forum with a red name, they are the developers.
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

You do get a speed boost by picking up the winged shoes that drop from bots and players. Everytime you pick it up you get the speed endorsement. The initial boost wears off after 10 seconds but the endorsemenet level stays until you die.
  7. Togedude

Togedude New Member

I know what you mean, but I've still encountered the glitch and it's a completely separate issue. I had full-juiced dash speed for over 3 minutes (and I never even used Juice), and my dash meter was recharging and got to full, never depleting even though I was still in the dash animation. I could even stop, change direction, or whatever, and the speed was still active (as soon as I would start running the dash animation would take over).

If it helps, it happened when my dash charge ran out, so I was repeatedly mashing X with a basically-empty dash meter (because I figured why not? :p). After a few X presses, the glitch triggered.
  8. Orion

Orion New Member

I have encountered a similar glitch when attacking an Assassin. You see, I'll see them running and there will be a little dust trail behind them so I shot where this trail originates, however, all that happens is that the air where the Assassin is just has these wierd little... flashes when I shot it until the Assassin decloaks making them literally invincible, I even hit one with a demo charge- nothing.
  9. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I'd like to ask about some of the drops previously seen in your older trailers and videos, did you plan at one point to have more skill endorsement drops from people and bullseye? They looked like white squares with logos on them.