Your ideas of a new class

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by wtfyourdead, March 16, 2011.

1. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

Monday Night Combat is brilliant from the maps to the classes and their skills. But having only six class types to choose from, it doesnt give it the full spice i think it should derserve. Therefore i decided to post a topic about what type of new class people would like IF UBER decided to make a new class.
    Heres my idea of a new class (Note, this has been on my mind ever since the DLC for MNC came out so no rude comments k?):

Class Name:Flamer, Burner, Firestarter
    Function: Hit and run class
    Appearence: will have a mask similar to the reapers in SC2 and will have a thin layer of armor with that covers his whole body. he is English :mrgreen: .
    Personality: Although a Pyromanic, the class, when off the field is quite the casual carefree individual. He is caring, a bit shy depending on the person he is talking to and is protective of his teamates but hates to be used and he hates corruption. Because of this he rarely says anything on camera as he might say something that might cause problems. He also enjoys listening to music and never takes sides unless he knows the full story. On the field though, he lets his obsession with fire take over and can become quite daring and excited due to the adrenaline that he feels.
    Likes-Listening to music, Friendships, anything to do with fire, people who stand up for whats right, warm baths.
    Dislikes-liers, corrupted people or companies, people who use him or his friends, water thats not warm, journalists.
    General info: The class is a complete close range attacker but with the speed of an assassin and the armor of an assult. Unlike the tank, the class relies on DOT (damage over time) as his initial damage is very weak and doesnt have any long range weapons. He excels more at long fights and hit and run tactics than short fights and charge head on tactics. He does not have any abilities or weapons that are able to take out turrets with ease so he cannot take on a base (even when juiced his damage to turrets is still weak).

Weapons: Primary-duel wield flamethrowers (similar to the Firebats flamethrowers from SC2)which does a weak Initial damage but a long moderate DOT affect. His secondary ability (LT) will alow him to hover with the flamethrowers at the cost of using up ammo or will allow him to increase the length of the flamethrower at the cost of using more ammo. His taunt sees him shoot his flamethrowers saying the pharse "the closer you are the hotter it gets"
    Secondary-wide-spread shotgun. Unlike the Supports shotgun, this shotgun doesnt have the strength of the Supports but has a much wider spread allowing the class to hit at least 2 or 3 enemies. His secondary ability will be a grapple. His taunt shows him spiralling his shotgun onto his back while saying the phrase "Lock and load. its killing time."

Abilities: Blue: lunge. The class does a dash (similar to a charge but doesnt do any damage). if it connects the class will proced with a grapple which does moderate damage. Upgradding this will increase dash distance and grapple will sometimes apply a DOT affect.
    Yellow: Firewave. The class jumps quite high into the air (similar to the assassins smoke bomb jump except not as high). When he lands he releases a fiery AOE that causes DOT and knockback on players but doesnt do much damage. However, when the class lands he cannot move for between 1 to 2 seconds. Upgradding this will increase radius of AOE and increase the damage of the DOT affect. Note: if it directly lands on someone the enemy will instantly die (like the gunners slam).
    Red: Anti-Grapple. this ability allows the class to stop a secondary ability grapple that is being done to him(excluding the assassins) but must be hit as soon as the grapple starts. If done correctly the enemy will be dealt a moderate amount of damage, will be knocked back a fair distance and will apply a short DOT affect. Upgradding this will increase initial damage and will increase the window for the player to use it.
    General ability: Jump height increased and sometimes the classes DOT might do a critical hit on the enemy. Also his initial damage with the flamethrower will be increased.

This my idea of a new class. Please leave a messaage below saying what you like or hate about it or post your own class idea because i would love to hear it :D .
  2. kingdom

kingdom New Member

This class basicaly sounds like a combination of the tank and assassian and realy doesn't bring anything new to the game. If a new class does come, it should be unique like the rest of them, not just a combination of the best of two classes. Plus there have already been rumors and even an interview that states that uber has already thought up a new class for the game.
  3. verden

verden New Member

I like the idea of a DOT class, but perhaps something more well known for it, like a poison class. God that would be annoying :D
  4. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

You mean something like a rogue or something? But then it would look way to similar to the assassin but i can see where you are coming from. Maybe something like an alchemist or something?
  5. Runie

Runie New Member

I remember someone making a thread about a pitgirl class that would have a buzzer cannon and be able to hack bots. Seemed like a cool idea to me
  6. Runie

Runie New Member

A new class needs to be vastly different from the current classes.
  7. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Agreed. Somebody suggested that the robot in the middle of the banner will be the new class. I don't think it will, but it'd be pretty sweet to play as him/her/it?
  8. Runie

Runie New Member

That's juicebot. He replaces the Mascot sometimes in the PC version.
  9. Runie

Runie New Member

Abilities: Dance, Toss Money and Fruit, Juggle Oranges, Passive makes you replace Bullseye more often.
  10. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Juice Bot is the marketing friendly name for him.
    Penny Arcade readers know him by a slightly different name :cool:
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A certain Dev told me @ PAX East:

Statue order:

Current
    Gunner
    Support
    Sniper
    Icemen
    Other unannounced class maybe... ;)
  12. zoidbergenstein

zoidbergenstein New Member

13. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

Pitgirl i doubt to be a class, shes just there to look pretty and wave at the crowd as well as moan at you if you die. The juicebot is a (as stated before) replacement for the mascot. I looked at what people said and decided to change the character a bit (call me persistent :mrgreen: )

As someone stated the class i made sounded to much like an assassin and tank but someone also said a DOT would be a cool idea so something like a rogue.
    I have decided to change the character into an alchemist of a sort using poisons and potions to deal his DOT

Abilities: Red-still the anti grapple ability
    Yellow-Potion Buff- player drinks potion which increases speed and skill or health recovery but at the cost of armor and damage. Could be vice versa as well :D
    Blue-Poison Field- Player throws a bottle made of corrosive poison or something. When it makes contact with a person or object it bursts causing an AOE poison area which slows and damages bots while giving enemy players a DOT affect on them and slowing their movement speed. Useful for killing a weak enenmy or trying to slow down a swarm of bots.
    General-increase jump height and increases chance for critical shot. could also increase health or that his glove might cuase a DOT affect
    Appearence: can either look like a guy with goggles and wearing high tech on him or could go for more of a wild west appearence (duster coat, cowboy hat).

Weapons: Duel Wield Magnums-none of the classes use pistols or have a duel wield weapon so i came up with this. a moderate to short range weapon that does moderate damage. secondary ability allows u to use other magnum. could be a limit to how fast players can shoot them. taunt could be him putting his guns into their holsters and might say "lets see whos got the quicker hand"
    Lightning glove-like a heal hurt gun of a sort but not as strong and it cant heal, it can however hit multiple enemies at once. Secondary ability is a grapple. Taunt could be that his glove starts being covered with electricity and he could be looking at it and he could be saying "Are you ready for the shock of your life?"

If anyone has something to say about it please feel free to do so i like to see what people think about it :D .
  14. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

A new class? This early? Uber should just be focusing on balancing.
  15. kingdom

kingdom New Member

New one sounds better and i like the desporado ( think thats how you spell it) look you thought of.
  16. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

How about instead of a new class we just improve a current one-

Assault

Permanent juice
    can throw 10 bombs at once
    unlimited flight/charge
    Can jump upto 80ft

This would make less people play assault for sure.
  17. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

I understand what you mean but balancing aint much of an issue anymore. Yh sure the Assault is the most powerful class but it can be beaten if you use the right tactics. It all depends on the endorsements that you got. For instance say you were a gunner with high accuracy and rate of fire and your facing some Assault which has high armor but has low accuracy. this means that they would need to get closer to do some damage meaning the gunner will be at an advantage since its miniguns excel at close to medium range but its high accuracy means that he could do quite a bit of damage at long range.

Thanks for your view :p . And i believe that its spelt desperado.
  18. wtfyourdead

wtfyourdead New Member

The sarcasm is strong in this one :cool: .
  19. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

The Pooper. He poops.

That is all.
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

that would be overpowered.