Is there a reason there are so few servers?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zodiark1234, March 13, 2011.

1. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I only get about 4-7 servers within acceptable ping nowadays, very few of which actually contain some respectable degree of skill, and many of which are empty except for one player. As a result, it is maybe once or twice a day I actually play a decent, even match. the rest are pub stomps, entering a game that is already getting stomped, or getting stuck with a terribad team and end up rage quitting. I have the ping filter set to 150 btw.

So, what's the deal with the lack of servers? :/
  2. FlyveHest

FlyveHest New Member

Personally I took down the four servers we ran because .. well, there are other threads where I have explained it quite thoroughly :)
  3. Esham

Esham New Member

I get about 30-40 servers on 200ms or less. But 10-20 are empty and 5-10 are full leaving about 5 to choose from.

Although i find the sub 100ms servers are nearly non existent but that may just be the server browser. Or the ingame ping is completely wrong which is my firm belief.

Browser shows 170ms, ingame i am 30ms.
  4. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

Depends heavily on time of day. Noon on a tuesday, no chance of me finding even one server. 5:00 saturday, probably going to find some.
  5. kotay

kotay New Member

I find that I can play at anytime night or day and find a server with good ping, even at 4-7am there are full servers. UK based.
  6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Before patch, I had about 3 servers to choose from, that were below 120 ping

now with the star ratings, 2 of those are 3 star restrcited, cant play, and the other is always empty.

I honestly have been able to play below 120 ping in 3 days. Grats uber, you killed it, with your attempt to save it.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

They killed the game by giving a few things the majority kept asking for. :|
  8. tinygod

tinygod New Member

I don't recall the majority ever asking to have servers restricted by star ratings. I don't recall anyone ever asking for less playable servers at all.

Seriously, I havent found a <120 ping server in 2 days, that wasn't a 3 star, dead, or full constantly. And with no, Join when available option, i'm supposed to what? Sit there and refresh every 10 seconds hoping to find a slot on the one server that is 5 star and in my ping range?

Sorry dead, I know you are defending uber here, and I get that, but honestly this is killing the game for many people not just me.

Please don't ban me for my oppinion.
  9. thebabelfish

thebabelfish Member

I have to admit, I went back to playing TF2 for the first time in weeks last night because there were no servers that had a decent ping, a 5 star rating (2 --> 5 in one game), and space open.
  10. Arcanum

Arcanum New Member

No one is interested in the game anymore.
  11. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

You know whats funny. 3 weeks ago I supported some sort of skill based restriction.

I feel responsible somehow.