Thank you Uber @ PAX East

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, March 15, 2011.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I know we have a plethora of posts about PAX, the booth, who's attending and whatnot, but I wanted to specifically thank Uber Entertainment for taking the time to attend PAX East this year.

I'm a fanboy -- I know it, they know it, and you all know it. But not a fanboy because of MNC, no no. I'm a fanboy because of the people behind Uber. Knowing I can drop into a game with XShadowStormX any time I want means the world to me. Being able to tweet at Scathis or Eka and knowing I will get a reply speaks volumes. The knowledge that if I ever needed alpaca advice, Hellchick would be there ... is pretty weird ... but nonetheless impressive.

Upon walking up to the booth, I kind of just gave an "UBER Entertainment ..." and let it hang. XShadowStormX said "Aww, I know that voice!" and got up to shake my hand. I introduced myself to Eka, John, and the others (including Logan's wife) and upon explaining who I was, I immediately got a reaction akin to "OH! HEY MAN! Great to see you!"

I'm a 'nobody' in the gaming world -- I know this. I'm not saying it bothers me, but it gives me a goal to try and become recognized. The fact that everyone at Uber recognizes me, either by face or by name, means the world. Thanks for showing up Uber, and thanks for letting a nobody feel like a somebody.

Also, John let me interview him briefly, and I kind of put him on the spot ... which after thinking about it, is hilarious.

Interview Here
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Haha nice work, how uncomfortable did scathis look lol
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

That's why I thought it was funny...we were talking, casually, and then I whipped out a camera and was like "ok, I'm going to ask you some questions. Ok? cool." and just went into it.

No prep or ANYTHING. Very unprofessional on my part, but he handled it nicely. Plus, it's SCATHIS -- you can't rattle him.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:lol: :lol:
    I hear she has some awesome sock yarn. :D

I wish I could have made it out but hey there's always next year.

Short sweet interview with a GG Stack guest appearance!
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I'd also love to attent PAX. Maybe one of these days I will get a motorcycle and take a week off.

Meanwhile, I work, so unless I con my friends into also taking off (we work the same place, boy they wouldn't like that) and we go on a roadtrip together, it won't happen, unfortunately.

I guess I will just buy cool stuff from the uber store until then lol.