Cardboard Tube Samurai Code Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, March 14, 2011.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

To win!? Check out MY BLOG for details!
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

No entrants yet ... chances are good one of the first (only?) entries will win...
  3. Runie

Runie New Member

We already have the CBTS
  4. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

really? everyone?!
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

There are a couple of unlucky chaps for whom the CTS did not unlock though. Maybe it helps one of them:
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8738
  6. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I'll say, even if most people have it, my blog has 1/3 of its views from this thread alone.

Hopefully everyone enjoys my rants and reviews!
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Everyone should get the normal Cardboard Tube Samurai who currently own the game, we're working with steam to figure out why some people don't have it yet. There was a PAX exclusive version of the Cardboard Tube Samurai called the "Authentic Battle Damage" version, is this the version you're giving away?
  8. Drex

Drex New Member

been meaning to ask, but is that literally going to just be a key that you can plugin to steam for?
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The normal Cardboard Tube Samurai will be DLC that is automatically applied to existing accounts, players shouldn't have to do anything. The Authentic Battle Damage version is a Steam key that you enter via Steam's product activation.
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Yeah, its the exclusive PAX one for steam
  11. Kel

Kel New Member

I don't like your short-url link in the startpost (hell, for WHAT reason? pls, tell me??) and I don't have a twitter account, so big fail for your blog ...

Why has every idiot twitter stuff :roll:
    And why should I create an account there? Why can't I post an entry in your blog with an email-adress and that's it?

I don't see any reason to give the code away via twitter and I don't care as long as you force people to use twitter for such things.
  12. Drex

Drex New Member

i honestly wouldn't mind a shot at getting the special PAX assassin gear, but alas it'd be pretty lame for me to make a twitter account just for that

if there were any other way to get this then i'd go for it

nonetheless, good luck to anyone else entering this
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

now, now, nobody is forcing you to do anything. but to those willing to put a little effort into it, they may be rewarded.
  14. Drex

Drex New Member

oh yeah, i'm saying it's great for folks who already have twitter, but it's just a shame i don't already have one, nor do i intend to due to personal feelings against the system.

so yeah, good luck to the other folks who enter

on a side note, has anyone got a screencap of the authentic battle hardened cardboard tube samurai skin? i have yet to see any of it.
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Not to try to belittle Smitty or anything but Twitter followers and blog hits are very important when trying to make something of yourself when you're trying to break into the media side of the games industry.
  16. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Thats not belittling at all. Its truth. I'm trying to bust into the industry and in doing so, I need to try and inflate my numbers as artificially as possible.

Feel free to spam my blog with comments. I love comments, too.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I just use twitter as an instant news feed. I don't really like searching all over the web for certain news. Echofon for Firefox ftw! :D
  18. Kel

Kel New Member

Okay, that's a reason I understand. But I still don't see any use for twitter. I mean, if I want to type something in 150? letters, I write a sms to my girlfriend and I get sex.

Twitter doesn't give me sex, so ... what's the use of it? I really don't get it :(.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i really want this skin :( i need a good reason to learn how to play assassin
  20. kotay

kotay New Member

did i not win this already with being the first person to answer your question?