ATI Eyefinity

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Paceydre, December 19, 2010.

1. Paceydre

Paceydre New Member

Short question

A friend of mine would like to know if MNC supports ATI Eyefinity. He has a triple monitor setup: 3x 1680x1050 with bezel compensation, which makes the entire resolution: 5292x1050.

thx for the answer in advance
  2. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Nope.

Aspect ratio only goes up to 16:9, so it'll look stupidly stretched on three monitors.

Ekanaut though confirmed they made a note to add support later once the game works. :p
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think you can set it to the right resolution, but the FOV is vert-, so it would suck.

I actually play at a 5:4 resolution on my widescreen monitor (black bars on the side) to improve my FOV
  4. Aix

Aix New Member

So did Eyefinity/Surround resolutions and aspect ratios ever get implemented into MNC now that it's out of beta?
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Eyefinity is currently not supported. It is something we are looking into doing.
  6. Sn1PeR

Sn1PeR New Member

I found this video showing how awesome it would look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktVpHeQCsY

I would really love for eyefinity support to be implemented. Is there any update on when we might see this?

Even with the stretched HUD like in the video it would still be a huge upgrade from having to turn off my side screens. I know it sounds dumb, but I honestly don't play this game very much due to only being able to use one monitor :( Every other game I play works fine in eyefinity/surround.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

8. Sn1PeR

Sn1PeR New Member

Unfortunately that was done with a memory hack and not a simple .ini edit. This makes me unsure as to whether or not it is potentially bannable. It does prove that true eyefinity/surround would be pretty easy to implement, would look great, and would definitely get a lot more people playing the game (nobody who invests in monitors likes playing games on just one of them -- the number of people who are gaming at these resolutions is rapidly growing -- both nvidia and ati support this, and these are the people who are core pc gamers -- the kind of people you want to make happy so they buy your game, spread the word, and buy your future offerings).
  9. garrun

garrun New Member

I'd like to add a vote for Eyefinity support. It is a really nice feature that influences whether I buy and how much I play games.
  10. Sn1PeR

Sn1PeR New Member

Any progress or updates on this? I'd love to start playing this game again.