The Uber Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Hildogen, March 30, 2010.

1. rhineville

rhineville Member

Re: The Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Sorry if it's been asked, but I'm a little confused about the endorsements for custom classes;

Say I load up a new Support custom class. His default gold will be ability cooldown, silver is armor and bronze is health regen. My question is; does the normal support class (or any class really) already get these endorsements, and the custom class only allows me to change it to something else? Or, does the custom class UNLOCK endorsements, meaning that regular classes never had these perks at all? I ask because the "default" endorsements for the support are actually what I'd choose, so it'd make no sense to fill up a custom slot with something identical to the main class.

Thanks.
  2. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I normally hold on to my juice until the money ball is vulnerable then i use it. If I'm about to die then i will use it then instead. I wait till my juice is over before i retreat if i need to.
  3. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

The "main class" is essentially a "custom class" that has already been pre-made that you cannot adjust. They are defaulted to have certain endorsements. A "custom class" slot just allows you to make a preset with a pro and any 3 endorsements of your choice. And you are correct, there would be no point in filling a custom slot identical to a normal.
  4. sokoto

sokoto New Member

How do you choose teams in private matches?

I know scathis answered this early saying party chat determines your teams but we tested this and it didnt work are their specific instructions on how to do this otherwise I dont see this game being added to gb if you cant choose your team etc..
  5. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

Is there any way to switch classes mid-game?
  6. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

While you are waiting to respawn press down on the D-Pad.
  7. devorax

devorax Member

As of now there is no way of picking teams in private matches.

Updatessss~
  8. intelekt

intelekt New Member

I often get split or our party gets split between 2 teams, any shot that future updates will make it so I can consistantly play with my team?

I dont nimd playing against friends... but yesterday they were getting frustrated that a few games in a row it seperated us..
  9. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

If you are in a party of 6 but the other team only has 4 (so 10 players in the lobby) then it forces one of you across to makes thing even and fair, not much you can do about it. Joining a match later will also split you up but the following game will pair you together again.
  10. intelekt

intelekt New Member

Incorrect, we were in a group of 4 and consistanly were randomly split into 2 teams, I have had this happen in groups of 2 as well.

I think the matchmaking system should stop putting players into games that are in the last 5 minutes, I get frustrated with this and it happens anytime we decide to change lobbies..

Also people leaving should have their slot closed or locked, so that others do not have to fill in for the people who DC, or leave the game due to losing..
  11. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

Awesome, thanks! As much as I love playing assault, I'm going to enjoy being able to counter snipe.
  12. Vuther

Vuther New Member

A question - all the classes have different hitpoint and movement speeds even without any endorsements affecting them, correct? So a Tank will standardly move slower than an Assasin if neither of them had endorsements affecting them in that manner.

Another question - are the endorsements flat increasers of a stat, or % based? A tank given a gold armor endorsement will be given the same amount of extra hitpoints as a sniper who also uses it? Or, does it depend on the endorsement?
  13. Rebz

Rebz New Member

Are we ever going to see dev walkthrough 3 or is that a no-go now that the game is out? I personally would like to watch at least one more, maybe sniper or assassin.
  14. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

Agreed!
  15. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Yes Tanks and Gunners are the slowest, then Support and Assault and then the Sniper and Assassin are the fastest.

It all depends on the stat. Some are percentages, some are straight modifiers.
  16. Surberus

Surberus New Member

What button combination gives me the smoke bomb jump, I can't seem to make it work.
  17. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

just use your smoke bomb than jump right after.
  18. Proven

Proven New Member

To be more specific, wait until after the smoke poof comes out. I often rush it and hit B then A right away, but that's hitting A too early. You have to give the animation time.
  19. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Heya

Prolly allready been asked, but dont have the time in my lunchbreak to trawl through 44 odd pages of Q's and A's :)

As the support class, when I hack a turret (not made by me) and that turret gets kills do I get any credit?

When I build a turret up to say class 2, and then someone else runs in and wacks a class 3 upgrade on it, when it gets kills do I get any credit for the previous 2 upgrades I spent my money on?

(i understand this is a team based game and personal gratification is not the point, but credit for these kills = money = bots, turrets and upgrades. And after seeing some of the people I get teamed up with, id rather that money go to my hands!!)

What designates when a Jackobot spawns? is it timed?
  20. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

Haven't had time to test it yet, but curious. If you jump (or if you're a Gunner, are "hovering"") before an Assault charges you, are you still effected by the charge? Seems to me if it nullifies grapple, that you wouldn't be?