Assault's take's no skill?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MLGIntervention, March 9, 2011.

1. IrradiatedRadex

IrradiatedRadex New Member

It takes skill. However, the amount of skill needed to master the Assault is not as much as the other classes. The Assault is the easiest class to play. Compared to the skill needed to master the Tank, the skill level needed to be a good Assault is very miniscule.
  2. kckzi

kckzi New Member

If english is so easy why are cant people talk like normal human beings?

Eh... if I recall, me and everyone on my team went support that game.

On topic, it's easy to dominate pubs with and make your k/d impressive, but there are very few people that actually know how to be effective as an assault, especially against good competition.
  3. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

It's not that he takes no skill.

Just the skill used to performance given ratio is pathetic.

Just pick up the game? Assault.

Want to have no set counter? Assault.

Want to counter everyone else? Assault.

Want the speed of an Assassin with the firepower of a Gunner? Assault.

I play it often now, because that's what everyone plays. If the skill level is equal, an Assault will trump just about anyone else.
  4. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'm with miracle on this. It's fairly easy to learn and you pick up the fact that they're good at slaying and staying alive. These people will learn just as quickly that there is a huge skill gap between us. I like to play every class, but main assault and find myself playing it a lot more than other classes due to running into all the pubstompers. It's pretty obvious that the assaults power to control the game is huge, and thats why I play it. I'm always playing by myself and run into like 3 of you guys juicewhoring my base. It leaves me no other option than to play assault so I'm able to control the field. I can play tank and prevent as many bots as I can from hitting the ball.. but I just get juice rushed, spawn killed etc. Or I can play assault in a 1v3(4,5,6) situation, kill pros to prevent the juice, and force the game into an overtime situation.

Sure its a pretty easy class, but there is a big skill gap. It may be easier to be decent at assault quicker than it is to be decent as a tank, but take it from the people constantly dominating the games as assaults.. there is a skill gap which is noticeable at top tier competition.
  5. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

Me-Miracle-Kckzi-Pu5h best four assaults when I used to play this game.
  6. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Why can't i stop laughing.
  7. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

"If assault took no skill why are cant people compete with Kckzi and I? I will agree though that the assault is easy to pick up."

lol i think its pretty simple to run ARMOR ASSAULT... takes a true assault to play without armor. ;)
  8. Miracle

Miracle New Member

I cant tell if your joking.
  9. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

assault is one of the best classes period for a few reasons

He can get to the juice machine the quickest
    he's the best with bacon
    he has the most mobility and his bomb is the most devistating next to the air strike
  10. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

While I think he's the best class, I don't see how any of that makes him the best class "period".
  11. F5in

F5in New Member

He's the best with bacon, obviously the best class.
  12. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

also kills the moneyball the quickest
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What are the factors here? Because a juiced shotgun, hands down, melts the Moneyball away the fastest.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Boom! I'm back!!!

Stretch don't forget the Assault can do almost as much damage to the moneyball as a Support from outside the range of a 3.3 Rocket.
    Shotgun? Not so much...
  15. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Every class takes skill, the assault however is just overpowered and well rounded. A month ago when I first picked up the assault I couldn't do anything, within 3-4 hours I was having such an easy time with it I couldn't believe it.
  16. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

Guess thats why you like to pubstomp with the support :roll:
  17. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Yes, but WHY is he the best with Bacon? Because of his massive firepower combined with his incredible mobility. This doesn't mean he's the best with Bacon, and overpowered as such. It means that when his strength is fully utilized, the little black bastard can just run away, and come pack two seconds later to rip you a new one. Something no other class (save the Assassin) has the option of doing.

So, not because of Bacon. But because of his already broken mechanics.
  18. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Pretty sure this thread was made as a mockery of S I G IVI A R / SP0ILS.

But for my 2 cents, assault is easiest to pick up and do well with, and for that reason you see lots of decent assaults. The problem is a decent assault can keep up with highly talented other players.

Also, slightly ironic that the OP aspects of the assault all relate to his skills.
  19. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'm in a game right now where people are saying I'm not good and its the assault thats good. Apparently to Frenzy shot and Korchanth (lmao who?) I am bad because I play assault.
  20. Wooglin

Wooglin New Member

There's a reason why there's pretty much only one class in the game that consistently goes 40/10/0 in games. It's not because somehow every elite player in the game randomly chose Assault together.