PAX East Booth!

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by DeadStretch, March 11, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So yeah they just tweeted a picture of their booth at PAX East.

[​IMG]

What is that Big Box next to the far Tank statue?!
  2. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Can you post the picture?
  3. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

OMG Bullseye!

Attached Files:

4. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Damn, I want to be there :(
  5. o

12 stations of MNC goodness.

Attached Files:

6. o

PAX is a beautiful thing. It's a time when Plants and Zombies all get a long and play Rock Band.

Attached Files:

7. o

GG Stack and Bullseye

Attached Files:

8. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

GG Stack looks like such a juice chainer.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Pure awesomeness! Bullseye needs to put a pillow under his shirt for full effect though... :3
  10. o

This Bullseye is played by a woman named Abby. She's awesome.
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I can't see the pic on my iPod, but I'm going to assume it's the Bullseye kit. Everything you need to dress up as mnc's favorite mascot ;-)

Also, I lost the mnc tourney :-(
    Polynomial went benedict Arnold on me and defeated my team :p

But there is still hope for Sunday...
  12. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Blame mister Shadowstorm for putting us on opposite teams! It was clearly a balanced game though. People knew what they were doing.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh man! I don't know what's more awesome, seeing those pics or that Bob M-Fk''in Berry posted them in a thread I made!...and damn did that pics url not work out...

So wait...Bullseye kit? What the WHAT?
  14. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I was a little lazy with the picture taking today. New map is awesome, but I don't imagine we'll see it for at least 3-4 weeks. Each team has 7 bot spawners to spawn bots of each type except scrambler(?) (including a jackbot on what I think is like a 3 minute cooldown). Currently they cost nothing. Scathis's and Eka's argument for that was that you ended up spending money to give the opponent money. People are flying everywhere on this map constantly. There is a trampoline type device in the center where you bounce a lot. Each base has a back door and the bot spawner is really far from the moneybal like on Spunky Cola. I'll try to get more tomorrow. Its also much harder to get on the ring above the moneyball on this map.

It was really nice meeting everyone at Uber + Hostile today. It felt like episode 4 of The Guild. Talked to Scathis a bit, but he was a little elusive being at panels for a lot of time today. Shadowstorm is really tall and a cool guy. Talked to Eka a ton about random MNC stuff. Great guy there too. ooo27 was master of technology for the day, fixing all the tech problems. Stackhouse is hilarious. Everything he says in that Bullseye voice dressed up as a funny looking MNC announcer makes me chuckle. He said in the MNC lore, the new map is an old run down arena used in seasons long past. I'll see more of them tomorrow. I literally played at least 12 rounds on this new map. Uber's booth had a lot of attention and I feel the addition of 360 controllers at each PC really helped. You really get the feeling everyone on the team are good friends and have real palpable passion for this IP. I just hope to god their business model is sustainable.

I won a t-shirt, hat, Samurai code, full game code, and a cardboard box for winning their floor tournament. Yes, a cardboard box. Uber was even selling cardboard tubes lol.

Great day overall. Tomorrow's the biggest day and should be better. I made it in the picture across from Stackhouse dressed up earlier in the thread in the blue shirt at the first computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thanks for the pics Poly! Can't wait to play on the new arena! Looks like Uber is going for an arena that has some distinct differences to the others, I like it.
  16. [V]iVergil zZ

[V]iVergil zZ New Member

Will this arena come out for 360 too?
  17. CrancK

CrancK New Member

i see turrets far off from the spawnbuilding thingy.... is the moneyball not at spawn?
  18. o

As I mentioned in the 360 forums we're working with Microsoft now to try and get a longer term plan nailed down for the Xbox version. We both want to make it work, so I'm hopeful.
  19. Shhmowzoww

Shhmowzoww New Member

Oh I'm so excited!! Can't wait to play on this new map!!
  20. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Wait so this map IS'NT for the 360, but you are trying to get it on there?

That makes me sad, i thought it was coming to 360 because of how long we have waited for anything.