So...does anyone play casually with no drama?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Wandrian Wvlf, March 8, 2011.

1. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I haven't been playing much MNC lately on account of my connection deciding to #&$% me over as hard as it possibly can and now when I feel like jumping back in...Practically every MNC player on my FL is in the middle of some flamewar or whatever with each other that I just have no interest in being involved in(and please don't mention any details beyond that folks).

Details about me? I don't care too much about anything, I just want to enjoy the game. Like I said though, lag is a huge problem for me. I can't even reliably use the Support's shotgun over the H/H gun due to it :| I'm prone to doing things(not griefing; just stupid things like trying to outshoot Gunners with SMGs) in-game I know not to do anyways on account of not caring about the results, just as long as it's fun. As far as mic usage goes, it depends on my mood and how charged my battery is(damned tether to recharge creates a crapload of static so I keep myself muted a good bit).

Oh, and I only run armor on Tank. I like being a critwhore :D

EDIT: Aw, and hopefully no one-sided battles. Being on either side of a pubstomp is not my idea of fun :|
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Even though a third of my team was somewhat involved with the Organous drama, in other words lolbanned, I really don't care. I just want to play the damned game. No drama involved.
  3. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I play for fun. Most of the forum-goers take this GAME way too seriously. I would like to play on a team of experienced, skilled players against other experienced, skilled players. Problem is, I'm way too casual for anyone to risk a roster slot on :roll:

I end up playing the pubs. I hate stomping, on either side. I prefer that matches go to OT. I like being outnumbered and winning. I enjoy schooling other support players. I taunt all the time. I love to taunt while snipers try shooting me while im standing behind glass. Nothing personal, just having fun.
  4. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

They are out there for sure. The group of dudes I play with are way chill, many laughs are had win or lose. Granted when we do lose, much profane language is used, not directed towards anyone (cept that ******* gunner with host can **** right off) and the good times continue on.

My advice is to find a couple dudes with mics that you can tolerate and get playing. Plenty of tryhards out there but their are some out there that treat this game like its, well, a game meant to be played for fun.
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I play, currently mixing things up by playing new builds (to me), also building a portfolio of EU gamers to play private games.

Might see if I can do the MNC Ryder Cup (i.e. a series of EU vs USA games) actually.

And I just have fun doing it.

Wanna make this a group thing? Maybe a clan called just chill?
  6. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I have met said gunner many times, im sure you have heard.
  7. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

haha, I love to taunt em like that too, especially when i know they suck, ill taunt out in the open as they shoot at me and miss every shot and laugh.

by the way those were nice games we had few weeks ago. i was playing on my brother's account: LeoV1993....i was that tank that deployed infront of the enemy base with the jet packs goin
  8. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Oh yeah, I remember those matches I was kind of baffled as to why this lower level player (i don't remember what level) was givin me trouble when you were on the enemy team, but would do funny veteran stuff like fart-guarding their spawn door when you were on our team.

Good games, looking forward to more.
  9. spookyspectre11

spookyspectre11 New Member

you should add me. i play for fun not exactly for wins
  10. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

What timezone are you? I'd love to play with more people
    who have skill but just mess around you know SMG snipers and such
  11. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Unfortunately :roll:

[​IMG]

Couldn't hurt I guess.

Sounds good.

Eastern, GMT -5.

I'm not sure running into an ice trap you saw a mile away counts as skill. I just like the killin'.
  12. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Cool I'm EST too

I don't know what you mean by the running in to an ice trap thing
  13. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Running right into it even when you see it :D
  14. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

Oh ok sorry I'm slightly paranoid so I thought you were making a crack at me

Also; I accepted your FR when will you be on?
  15. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I'll probably be on later, sometime between 7-9:00 PM I guess. Sounds good anyways. I'm running the labs thingamajiggerbob now, it seems like a good enough idea. Maybe when XBL officially sees how godawful my connection is...somehow it'll stop being so godawful in a couple of months? *shrug*
  16. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I don't take anything on the forums (or this game) seriously enough to be offended and I'm not good enough to be raged at :lol:
  17. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I find your lack of being offended to be offensive. Also, drama is offensive :roll:
  18. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Well, I usually play with randoms except for people I've played with before and they've stayed on my friends list for a reason (READ: D'ey cool holmes).

Playing with randoms is the epitome of taking it easy in this game imo.
  19. destructamental

destructamental New Member

I support a chill clan. Sign me up and send me a FR. I'm sick of getting mad about a game I love so much.
  20. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Crap ping with a host in the the US 95% of the time?
    It's still fun. Mixing it up privately is great though.