I have decided to stop playing MNC. Heres why:

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Bomben, March 6, 2011.

1. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

Understanding the poor mechanics is still poor mechanics.
  2. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

Yeah because we all log in at the same time and dedicate our lives to organizing a team just to play a game that should self balance with proper mechanics in the first place.
  3. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

Sounds like you have nothing to add other then bad spelling.
  4. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

Yeah OP seemed to be raging. You try to realize reality? Knowledge is only as good as it's source.
  5. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

You can't avoid the "bad teammate syndrome" it's embedded into the mechanics. Your solution is to have a group of players doing everything they are supposed to when they are supposed to. Good luck with a pug, which 99% of your games will be unless you have no life and travel with 5 friends.
  6. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

Numbers dropping from your servers?
    Less chatter in the forums?
    Updates few and far between?
    Mechanics and class balance issues still exist?
    Seriously wake up!
  7. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Nice troll final. :lol:
  8. Mail

Mail New Member

whinge
    intr.v. whinged, whinging, whinges Chiefly British
    To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

Bad grammar, certainly, but his spelling is just fine.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Woah! That's the first time I've heard that about the PC version.

Also next time try to put it all in one response. Also don't forget there is an edit button.
    Thank You.
  10. kotay

kotay New Member

:D i dont have time for grammar :p
  11. Mail

Mail New Member

You make enough effort to pass my criteria for not an idiot, don't worry.
  12. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

If you want this game to be just like DotA then go play DotA.
    If you want this game to be just like TF2 then go play TF2.
    If you want this game to be a unique, original game that gives you many different things you have to consider (read as: gameplay depth) and deal with which make it so that it isn't repetitive, you have found the right game.

Yes, you have to push bots. But if you want to play it in a simple minded way and completely ignore everything except the bots, you aren't doing it optimally. Anything not optimal is bad.
  13. FlyveHest

FlyveHest New Member

First, <WHOOSH>, secondly, i'd really like to love MNC, as the concept is totally excellent, but, the execution just leaves something to be desired.

As I said earlier in the thread, more is not always better, and trying to be a little of DotA, a little TF2, a little DM and a little TD just doesn't pan out as well as one would hope.

And looking at the number of players playing, it sure seems that I am not the only one feeling that.

As a lot of people here have said this game works a lot better when you play on a team with competent players, and this is most probably true, but reality is that most people aren't playing MNC (or any other game, for that matter) competitively, which results in them having a bad experience.

I'm not saying that MNC can't remedy this with patch(es), and i'm hoping for The Magic Bullet patch as much as the next guy, but, there's no denying that the game as it is have a lot of problems for the casual pug player, and that people in general stop playing and leave for greener gaming-pastures.
  14. DehydratedWater

Okay. I'll respect your opinion, as chances are I won't be convincing you to change it. The way I see it though, juice and annihilator just add diversity to individual matches. Plus ringing out juiced sins is the most hilarious and rewarding thing ever.
  15. eternal

eternal New Member

See I'm sort of in the middle between your two opinions.

I think that anihilator and juice are key to the game and add a lot of depth but I feel that they also offer far too much sway over the game as a whole.

Removing them would be worse than leaving them as-is. However I feel there is a common ground here that could be found.

Decrease the strength of juice or at least reduce its damage to turrets (in exchange also reduce the max health of a level 3 rockit turret.) Have juice stations only supply a person with 50% of a juice bar instead of a full bar.

Either increase the cost of the anihilator to around ~350-450 to make it a bit harder for teams to control. Or remove the money received via assists/kills/bot kills when using it. Another option is to have it NOT 1 hit kill jackbots, but instead do around 2/3rds of their health.

All in all the Anihilator is close to balanced thanks to the relatively small amount of bots on the map at one time (usually only gets around 4waves of bots in one shot)
  16. Mail

Mail New Member

Actually it doesn't 1 hit kill jackbots, just significantly damages them. If they're already damaged somewhat, it will certainly kill them, but otherwise it's just going to bring it down to a more manageable health for your team or turrets to deal with. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but it usually looks like it's reduced to 20% health.
  17. DehydratedWater

I think spunky cola has the juice right, it's possible to get to for both teams, not just right on top of the annihilator.
  18. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Juice Bar gives 50% (agreed)

Also,

1) Ejectors need to cost 100 not 50, they are way more powerful than the price is steep, currently. (when used correctly)

2) Annhilator needs to be changed IMO. Right now its honestly not worth the price, as far as I'm concerned. Its not worth 250 (unless its late game and you have plenty of cash). A good tank/sin/Sniper is already a walking anhilator. If I had my way, it would kill all bots, deal 300 Dmg to enemy pros, and cost 600 or so.
  19. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

You do realize that 300 damage will insta-kill Assassins (and possibly snipers) that do not run any armor endorsements?
  20. DehydratedWater

This.