Make Voice-Chat Easier To Hear

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Skull Man, March 3, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

I have never once been able to make out what a teammate is saying through voicechat. I can tell that their audio quality is more or less fine, but the sound effects and music really, really overpower players' voices in the default settings.

I'd like to suggest an update where sound effects and other such noises are dimmed when someone is speaking, and are raised back to normal levels when no one is speaking.

Or at the very least, make the default setting's voicechat level one that is actually hearable. In a game that requires communication, the muffled voices that we have now aren't really doing us any favors.
  2. Runie

Runie New Member

NO THANK YOU. NOT UNTIL I CAN MUTE WHAT I CAN HEAR.

The only people who use the in-game voice chats are people who are raging or obnoxious
  3. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

touche. Then let me rephrase my request:

Simply revamb voice-chat and its features.

I enjoy playing and communicating with friends, and taking the time to type about threats and strategy takes you out of the game way too long.
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

I prefer to use mumble or vent.
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

QFT

The built in option should be functional though. I like the muffling idea personally (though not muffling assassin cloak, everything else can be). It's not like some raging 12 year old could be more annoying than hearing Mickey Canter tell you about his security detail of bouncers for the 903924782347th time
  6. Runie

Runie New Member

Mickey Cantor is cool. 12 year olds are not.
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

The thing is that people can accidentaly leave the mic on and not tend to it for an entire match.

Voice chat is under utilized in this game and communication is key in larger scale matches.
  8. PH4T3

PH4T3 New Member

Yes, fix the voice... communication is critical in a game where death is possible in a blink.

And if a game supports in game voice, make use of it. I think it is funny to use outside programs when the game supports it. If it is a MMO of sorts with no in game voice, then by all means use mumble, teamspeak, vent, or what ever. But usually a 3rd party voice program discourages people from talking in game, which is already very limited due to poor quality.
  9. Runie

Runie New Member

I use mumble because I don't want to hear the voices of the random internet people.
  10. corducken

corducken Member

1. Make voice chat icon visible, but transparent at all times on scoreboard
    2. Make icon opaque when people are talking and for a short while after talking
    3. Allow people to click to use their mouse on the scoreboard, and click voice icon to mute people
    4. Alternatively just have a mute menu option under ESC that lists everyone but highlights people that have used voice during match
    5. THEN make voice chat audible and less buggy
  11. Mail

Mail New Member

Large generalization. I use it to give people tips(like mortar does more damage to bots than minigun), warn of things, and compliment people when they did something cool. That's also what I use the text chat for. When I rage, though it doesn't happen often, I certainly get angry and complain. I don't do it into the microphone. It's push to talk for a reason.
  12. killien

killien Active Member

I've used the VC relay enemy positions, where we may need more focus, etc, etc
    More of a "try to" because I have no idea if anyone can hear and/or understand what I'm saying

I swear the last game that had good ingame voice chat was UT2004
    People came in clear, it reduced ingame sounds so you could hear them and muting was fairly easy
    There was also onscreen indicators of who was talking, which channel and even showed if you were speaking with a bar to show transmitted volume level