Low Strong

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Ninja Wallace, March 6, 2011.

1. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

2. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

What even happened in that? I'm a very newb fighter game newb.
  3. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

who
  4. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

lolsirloins

I love how gamers the whole internet over get butthurt whenever somebody mentions David Sirlin, especially casual fighters who like to cite Sirlin as a way to prove that the scrubby way they play fighting games with their circle of friends is somehow superior to competitive (tryhard) play because playing to win is NEVER fun.

~Because fireballs are cheap and the fact that you keep winning doesn't mean you're better than me at the game.~
  5. Organous

Organous Member

You know, I am quite aware this is supposed to be a troll attempt on me, but I kinda like it. You showed me a video that I can show as an illustration of the power he must've had at his tournament (albeit mockingly).
  6. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Basically, casual player don't like him because of that and serious players don't like him because he's self-indulgent, opinionated and not very good at fighting games. All of which is proven by the fact that he thinks he balanced Fei-Long in SSF2THDR.
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Rose spammed low strong and despite being fairly predictable about it, Charlie still let himself get hit by it.

I love the homo-genius collective. I have one on my channel myself from before I had a PVR.
  8. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I loved seeing him repeatedly pick Fei at tournies only to get beat down by some garbage character like T.Hawk or Cammy. I also appreciated seeing him classify Jeff Schaeffer as a loudmouth in his guide, as opposed to the beast that he was. Jeff Schaeffer could beat Sirlin blindfolded with ST BLANKA. Oh well, I never liked SFII much anyway. I was a KoF kid, and am quite used to disappointment these days (shoutouts to Uber and XBLA cert process).