Turn Off Mickey Canter, but Keep the Voice Overs?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by GheP, February 14, 2011.

1. GheP

GheP New Member

Is there a way to turn off the announcer's voice (Mickey Canter), but keep the voice overs enabled? As funny as I think the announcer is, I've heard all the things he has to say, and it gets a little annoying after a while -- my girlfriend actually HATES that I play solely because the announcer makes her want to leave the room -- so, I turned off the Voice Overs and now I can't hear the Pro voice overs :(

BUT, when I turn off the VO, I cannot hear the Pros voice overs -- I love to hear "Time to hack into the turret" and the other small quirky VO's the characters have.

Please, someone tell me how to do this; for the sake of saving my relationship with my girlfriend!
    Last edited: February 14, 2011
  2. G3722

G3722 Member

As much as i love my GF, this would be like a bulletpoint on the back of the box for me.
  3. GheP

GheP New Member

I don't get it...(and i read your post 3 times haha)
  4. G3722

G3722 Member

It's Monday Night Combat!

• Action packet class based multiplayer game!
    • Dedicated Servers!
    • Your girlfriend will leave the room!
    • New extra content!
    • Steam Achievements!

Buy Today!
  5. MumO19

MumO19 New Member

:lol:

This could be a HUGE marketing point!
    But seriously, i almost made a separate thread about how absolutely awesome the guy doing Mickey Canter is! He should get a voice Oscar or something (a Voscar maybe?)...

Pray tell, who is it IRL?
  6. GheP

GheP New Member

I get it now G3722 :D funny!
  7. Beargod

Beargod New Member

He is super obnoxious and says the same lame things over and over again, which makes it worse.

How hard is it to pay a voice over dude to do 300 lines instead of 30?
  8. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

ENEMEH SPAH PLANE INBAUND
  9. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

SPAH PLANE INBAUND! SPAH PLANE INBAUND
    Yeah that's not repetitive
  10. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I'm thankful for Mickey Cantor.
  11. Runie

Runie New Member

I **** I think I played call of duty multiplayer for like an hour trying to see why people liked it. I couldn't understand for the life of me. I mean what is the point of a sniper rifle if every damn gun kills on headshots, shoots faster, and is just as accurate.
  12. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

range.
  13. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Do you have the money to pay a voice actor to do 280 quirky lines?

No? Then stop complaining about that.
  14. Beargod

Beargod New Member

I do actually, but that doesn't really matter.

A voice actor in America makes $740/4 hours of work. Are you telling me you could not say 300 sentences in four hours? How about in eight hours?

That is chump change for a business. They probably spent more on catered lunches and paintball.
  15. Killro

Killro New Member

Well dude, that sucks, because my girlfriend loves the announcer whenever I play. She always likes that he can make her chuckle when she is doing her homework.
  16. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

That should be your job.
  17. Terry

Terry New Member

I don't want more lines. I want him to stop spamming me with "YOU GOTTA BUY MORE SKILLS" speech, because I don't really want to buy smokebomb level 3, or gunner grapple slam level 3, or tank deploy level 3, or charge level 3, or the other various crap level 3 skills the game has. Either I turn off the voice, or play support.

The sad part is, the rest of his lines are good. And it does kind of screw me over, because you cant hear the support lines, or when someone gets a juice. Both are important because A.) It lets you know someone has a juice (almost everyone has a loud "IVE GOT JUICE" line, except for the Assassin I think), and B.) It lets you know when the support is hacking a turret, distracted. Sometimes if Im really into it, I miss bullseye because the usual intro isnt there.

Get a turn off announcer voice, kill the "BUY YOUR SKILLS" lines, and make there be a better way to know that bullseye/juicebot is here, other than the music and VA... Due to the assassin cloak being so loud (when you're cloaked as the assassin) I tend to turn off Mickey and the music so I can hear other assassins cloaks. . . but the disadvantage is the inability to hear anyone elses voice overs, which give pretty important clues, and the inability to hear the bullseye intro speech/music. Sometimes I can hear the crowd chanting "BULLSEYE!!!" but thats really the only other audio clue with VA/Music off.

And yes, I know Bullseye gets a very small icon on your screen when hes up. It doesn't help that much.

Its like not being able to hear "SENTRY GOING UP" or "I AM THE UBBERMESICH", or the Sentry beeps.