Can we fix ladder percentages?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by judicatorofgenocide, May 5, 2021.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

The MMR breakdown for ladder is way skewed. I think people would be more prone to get more games in if they had a better shot at climbing the ladder.

Currently Proposed

Bronze 41% Bronze 30%
    Silver 46% Silver 30%
    Gold 6% Gold 30%
    Plat 6% Plat 9%
    Star 1% Star 1%

I believe with more bronze and silvers reaching that ooooh just a couple more games maybe I can get a promotion could increase game activity. These proposed changes would have 0 benefit to myself as Ive reached a plateau in my play in Gold league. There is such a huge gap in between skill from the current Gold to plats and stars it would take myself such a massive amounts of games I could have no life if I wanted to climb any higher.

This game is best played when two people are of similar skill IMHO and not a one sided stomp fest. I think the above changes would increase the number of close fun games as it would as it would provide more ppl motivation to game in the lower leagues.

Stars would still have their glory of being in the 1%. Plats only lose 3% glory. Golds lose some of their mojo but maybe would get more opponents since ppl getting those couple extra games in could increase their skill just a smidge.

Thoughts everyone?
  2. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

Let's imagine your thing is set up in place.

How will you make "new" golds stay in gold when they will be playing plats and ubers in 60% of their time? In my opinion, you can't just put players not worthy of gold in the gold league and expect them to compete with other golds or in the worst case plats\uber. They would get demoted back to bronce\silver in a matter of week.
  3. judicatorofgenocide

Your MMR determines who you play not your ladder league status. The league status is just a motivator. I dont think you understand the difference between MMR and League.
  4. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

Matchmaking in this searches players in the same division which is based on MMR. If they can't find players it expands search in all directions (for better or worse players). If you are so smart you would know that there are two different MMRs in this game standard one and volatile and that they won't help you with your solution. Standard is pretty much your general skill AKA your rank and volatile one shows how your skill can change up and down. Your STANDARD MMR puts you in the league (it's not a motivator or placeholder), there isn't any instance where a player has 5k MMR and is silver or another way around where you have 800 MMR and you are at uber rank. MMR = League rank. I don't think you understand that you can't push bad players in higher leagues and expect them to play better based on nothing. You are pretty much asking for worse players to get on the higher league so you can have a more enjoyable experience smashing them in gold. The fun fact everything below medium plat is pretty bad when it comes to skill. When you improve you play better players not worse ones and ranked isn't made for fun, it made for competition between best players. If you want your system to play with Queller AI which beats 90% of the player base.
  5. judicatorofgenocide

"If your are so smart" "so you can have a more enjoyable experience smashing them" "fun fact everything below medium plat is pretty bad when it comes to skill" "ranked isn't made for fun" ''AI which beats 90% of the player base"

Your just a gaslighting a$$h0le lets be honest. You completely missed the point of incentivizing people to play more games to get to the next obtainable rank. The extra games would increase peoples skill level, leading to closer games.

All this garbage coming from a dude whos quote at the bottom of his thing is "eyes are useless when the mind is blind"

Well buddy you need to take a hard self examination, cuz your mind is blind.

Call me psychic your next comments will be defensive and involve more gaslighting. To which I say this conversation with you is over.
  6. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

Says the guy who asks for opinions and then all his levels is just plain insults and nothing more backed up by 0 reason or numbers or let's be real ANY LOGIC. Players don't get to a higher rank by playing more games, some of them are stuck in silver\gold for years. I actually use my brain and don't stand BS you are talking that's why I'm here. And will keep replying to your bs till you stop saying stuff like this which would kill ranked system on its own.

I know your system is crap because there are some players who play 800-1000 games per ladder season and are still in bronze and silver, that's a fact you can not deny and you have to go to verbal assault because like I said you are not very smart.
  7. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

What an odd, chaotic convo this has become lol.

Anyway I don't think that the internal MMR system (or volatile rating) should change as you dont want players of extreme skill differences matching with eachother. I still can hit silvers despite being Uber, but I dont get Bronzes all that much anymore.

I do think there could be less bronze and more gold players though and we can change the limits so players can have more obtainable goals to reach in silver and gold. The Status of Platinum and Uber is fine, sometimes there are more Uber players than Platininum as well (just right now its early in the season so a lot of Uber players have yet to grab their old rank again)

Currently the points to reach a new rank from Silver to Uber is 1100, 1700, 2000, 2275. (anything below 1100 is just bronze)
    We can reduce the point requirements of Silver and Gold by 100 and have it as 1000, 1600, 2000, 2275. I dont mind if there is a distinction between low golds and high golds, I can already tell that difference between silver players and even platinums that either feel like 'high golds' or true platinums.
    judicatorofgenocide likes this.