Names all in Red?!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by The Bat Outta Hell, August 13, 2010.

1. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell New Member

What gives? In the top right where it shows who killed who, why the hell would you make all the names red? Why not make the Icemen players show up blue?

Any response from a developer would be awesome.
  2. Acosta02

Acosta02 New Member

I can't help but feel there was a nicer way to ask.
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I was thinking this too... But in a nicer tone.
  4. The Bat Outta Hell

Eh, I must've wrote it right after a ragequit from a laggy game or something. Apologies if anyone is offended by the harsh OP.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Scathis might know. It's probably a combination of oversight with asthetic.
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Short answer: We forgot.

Long answer: We talked about different ways to display the kill messages, had a plan, but also had bugs to fix and running out of time. When the choice is between adding a new polish feature and making sure your xbox doesn't randomly explode, we usually go with the later. No matter how small and innocuous a new feature might seem, there's always the potential that it'll cause another unforeseen game melting issue.
  7. The Bat Outta Hell

Hey, no problem at all. Honestly, the final release turned out great for the most part, with excellent balancing and only a couple bugs, none of them gamebreaking. I figured I might as well mention a concern I've had that wasn't about bugs or balancing, merely cosmetics.
  8. Orion

Orion New Member

Personally I never even look at that. The only time I care who killed who is when I kill someone or they kill me. That's it. I have had problems with teammates names' being red and me thinking they are hostile but that's a whole 'nother story.