114845-pte / 114849-pte

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, August 22, 2020.

1. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

Hello Commanders,

We have a new PTE for testing.

Experimental TITANS Balance Changes

Deep Space Radar returns to TITANS in a new role as a system wide planetary surface and air radar.

Vanguard is now a short range radar jammer.

Deep Space Radar
    • Updated name and description
    • Range: system wide planetary surface and air radar
    • Build cost: 4,800
    • Health: 1,500
    • Energy consumption: 15,000
    Vanguard
    • Updated description
    • Radar now requires energy efficiency of 90%
    • Added radar jamming which also requires energy efficiency of 90%
    TODO: Client side visualisation of radar jamming range.

Updated descriptions for:
    • Mend advanced combat fabricator
    • Angel support platform

Technical Notes

Client Improvements

• Reduced unnecessary locks and allocations during material creation
    Server / Sim Fixes
    • Fixed Windows 4GB replay / saved game limit
    • Fixed moving to target assist task crash
    Modding

New recon observer channels
    • deep_space ignores layer, shape and radius
    • radar jammer
    Last edited: August 23, 2020
  2. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

114849-pte
    • Fixed auto repair / reclaim while transporting
    • Vanguard radar jamming range reduced to 75
  3. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

"TODO: Client side visualisation of radar jamming range."

Does that make it so when we have certain radar vision and units with Vanguard enter into radar range, we can see "black spot" (of size 70) moving inside radar vision?
  4. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Yes. Here's MarechalGryzzly testing vs available energy levels https://www.twitch.tv/videos/718962162

But if everything stays inside of the jamming circle, there is no "black spot" to see. :)

I have had the AI use this against me to good effect.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

No, I believe this note is in reference to displaying it as a range circle for the owner, same as weapons and radar.
  6. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

7. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Pressing the Control key shows the range of both radar and radar jammer.
    bthirteen likes this.
  8. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

As a player who is getting radar jammed, I would like to see the range of spot I can't actually see. Basically I don't see units near vanguard but I can see a black spot moving inside my radar vision. At this point, I think it is pretty OP that you can move without any vision even if the radar is online.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

75 radarjamming range isn´t realy much though ... i don´t think the vanguard would be now that big an option to cover an army but rather itself with its limited attackrange and speed .. at best a squad of gil-es, shellers or bluehawks , maybe the ares or atlas ... but that would be about it .. ... i don´t see why there should be a dark cyclearea to tell you were you are jammed, that entirely defeats the point of blibs not being seen ... like "hy here is this darkened/shrouded area (well it´s clearly a vanguard or 2) maybe there are some troups" ...

sooo yea let´s not give the opponent an obvious visual tell ..
    Last edited: November 10, 2020
    w33dkingca likes this.
  10. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

I don't want to sound rude but what's your top rank on leaderboards? I'm pretty sure you don't play this game at top competitive level
  11. MrTBSC

you may not want to sound rude but you go on this already on a bad point of view
    I GET IT the game is a challenge with awareness, what my score is or weither or not i play competitive still doesn´t need to matter to you ..
    it´s a simple matter of if radarjamming/stealth is meant to be a thing you do it proper or you don´t do it at all
    and putting a shroud on it similar to the Radarjammer in C&C is just plain bad ...

i mean the C&C radarjammer or shroudgenerator i think it was called itself is a good example in a game were fog of war didn´t exist but the map you explored stays FULLY explored were you can see what units may move torwards your base, then suddenly you see black shroud moving around .. like hey here TOTALY is this thing meant to block your vision ... in OpenRA were Fog of war is a thing that unit was just as bad as it was a too obvious tell that someone wanted to do something sneaky .. ... like it´s totally the opposite of sneaky ... so they changed it to a unit that screws with missiles instead and iirc slightly limits the enemy unit´s LoS ..

if YOU are such a good player then let me ask you:
    how many times on average did you use the Vanguard when hitting the T2 Vehiclephase? cause i´m pretty sure that you rather go for the typical leveler, sheller and storm composition or maybe a mix between T2 Vehicles and bots
    but use the Vanguard itself rather for drops by itself than using it in an army composition or for a small raiding or bombardmentsquad ...

stealth and radarjamming is both a thing in Total annihilation and Supcom, the latter being distinct with jamming and stealth were jamming may not make blips invisible but instead disrupts the area with random blips so you can't exactly tell the amount of units in that area, you can only tell that there is something ...
    still why would be a full on Jammer/stealthgenerator (not to mix up with cloak) not a thing allowed in PA?
    Last edited: November 10, 2020
  12. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

Next time when we get matched, remind me to use them so I can show you 200 apm Perma world drop stealth units, I'll even use them on world patrol so you can get real feel for them
  13. MrTBSC

... you do know they are in the PTE and not in the live version atm .. and if you really need a reminder that just tells me you are not or at least not really using them anyway ...

at the very least you didn´t answer my question
  14. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

You are not worth my time
  15. MrTBSC

so much for not wanting to sound rude then