[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

The Hotbuild2 performance tweaks are listed under the Gameplay tab.
    w33dkingca likes this.
  2. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Thanks, I thought the options had vanished for good lol
  3. lulamae

@proeleert Some sort of odd graphic artifacts occurring - reported by another player but I was able to reproduce

4. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Hmm I doubt if I can fix that, must be because one of the recent Coherent UI updates.
  5. lulamae

Thanks - I'll pass it on.
  6. danvan

danvan New Member

Hi, there seems to be a bug with hotbuild2 (1.47) and (at least) the last two builds of PA.
    If you go to the settings screen during a game and save then exit settings, you can no longer see a buildBar when selecting units. You can't build from hotkeys either. Basically you have to exit the map.

I know next to nothing about JavaScript / browser programming, but I had a little mess around with the debugger. I narrowed it down to this 'handler' that gets called on settings screen exit:

Code:

//RELOAD BUILDBAR + MODS on Settings Exit
        handlers['hotbuildsettings.exit'] = function(){
          console.log("Settings Closed Reload hotbuild live");
          window.location.reload();
        };

calling window.location.reload(); on build_bar results in a bunch of the knockout bindings becoming broken.
    I commented out the 'reload', and it fixed the bug (I then applied the reload in the console and lost the ability to build). This isn't a 'workaround' because I assume more work would need to be done to actually apply updated hotbuild settings. At this point my lack of knowledge of 'proper' javascript paradigms kicks in and it's time to point this out to someone who might just know the answer!

Many thanks
    Dan
  7. lulamae

Hi Dan,

I don't know much about programming, but my research leads me to believe that the issue is with the floating framework mod, which is a dependency of HotBuild2. That is, I think this occurs when you have any mod enabled that uses floating framework. Even if you just go to settings and return.

Until this gets sorted out, the workaround is to hit F5 after you exit settings. That will refresh the screen/reload UI (speaking in layman's terms)
    Last edited: August 30, 2019
  8. proeleert

I think this should be fixed in the new version I just released.
  9. proeleert

New release of Hotbuild2
    v1.50:
    - Blueprint Unit Framework not needed anymore (thanks to PA Inc with including new functionality in the base game)
    - Better support for server mods, should work with all of them now...
    - Imbawall functionality removed.

To use hotbuild with server mods you first have to be in game (commander on planet) then go to settings > hotbuild
    set up your keys for the server mod and save. Tip you can export your keys and hotbuild settings to a local file. So you can later import them again if you ever switch server mods.

Hopefully I didn't introduce new bugs!
    If you find some let me know.
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Changes to the order of items assigned on a key are always lost. The only time order of assignment is correctly saved is when you first add something, meaning you need to delete and then re-add a unit/building to change its position.
    Last edited: September 1, 2019
  11. proeleert

Aah so that was why that line that I deleted was needed. Darn
    I'll fix it :)
    lulamae and Quitch like this.
  12. proeleert

v1.51
    - Fix for re-ordering items in assignment (@Quitch)
  13. lulamae

@proeleert Latest build tweaked the keyboard layout

[​IMG]
  14. proeleert

Only messed up keyboard I had expected worse.
    I'll take a look this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    lulamae likes this.
  15. proeleert

If I did everything alright new hotbuild should fix the layout issues enough to be usable at least again.
    Clopse and bthirteen like this.
  16. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

I never said "thank you" for this mod!
    -> Thank you <-

Uhm... people say, settings page is broken, currently

And btw, whats your ingame name? I never noticed "proeleert"
  17. lulamae

It might be functional now.
  18. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Hi there, is this mod still being developed? I was wondering if there can be a change for advanced factory hotkeys, I have (for example) build Levelers and Ants to the same hotkey F, if i press F twice, it builds 1 leveler, 1 ant. I would like to just be able to build only advanced units from advanced factories, If I press F twice, I want to build 2 levelers and the only way to build basic units from an advanced factory is to just directly click it. Is this option possible? (I would not like it for advanced fabbers btw but you could through that in as an option to be fair)
  19. keterei

keterei Active Member

Hello,

Hotbuild doesn't seem to keep the chosen setup of hotkeys. I'll either customize them or choose a community profile, start a game, it will work momentarily but then inevitably all of the individual keys get unassigned for no reason. After this occurs, I cannot reselect a community profile in game, it will not apply or update or reassign any keys. I can only quit the match or game, go into settings from main menu, reselect a profile, only for it to happen all over again. I've tested it alone with only it and it's dependencies as the mods installed and it still occurs.

Please fix.
    Last edited: December 1, 2021
  20. lulamae

Not the mod's author, but the only time I lose my setup is when I go into settings during a match. I don't recall losing the settings during actual play. This is one of the most popular mods and the issue you mention is not one I see reported. Couldn't say what's affecting it in your case.

Oh, and a reminder to back up your custom key assignments.