Test Build 113410-pte

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, June 28, 2019.

1. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Yeah, totally seeing a lot of that going on in here.
  2. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

What spam though? building defences? that's already pretty hard, when I say spam I mean one unit being to powerful so people only use that unit, not how big you can make an army.

I guess my main concern is in big single planet NS team games, I think this change will make it harder for less able gamers to compete, so much so that they won't want to participate in them.
    Last edited: June 29, 2019
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what unit would that be?
    with t2 vehicles people use more than just levelers, with t2 bots people use more than just slammers ..
    t1 bots gets used a lot even with dox being the primary assualtbot and grenadiers having underperformed for a while ..
    t1 vehicles .. same thing and infernos definetively get used ..
    realy it´s rather t2 air and t2 naval that could see more broad use ..
    but i feel PA players do make good use of the overall unitpool ...
  4. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Yes I think Pa units are pretty well balanced, the only unit I don't like being spammed with is booms. That was not the point of my argument though. I just don't see the need to nerf t2 eco, I like the game how it is now.
  5. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Any thought given to reducing the metal generated by Jigs to complement the T2 metal reduction?
    MrTBSC and nimzodragonlord like this.
  6. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

Jigs need an overhaul, hopefully we can get some games on Backbone as proof of concept
  7. netpyxa

netpyxa Active Member

Awesome progress and very brave patches. But T2 needs more nerfing because the T2 snowballing will only very slightly be delayed but not eliminated. It needs to be radical if we want to feel much of a diffirence.

PS the grenadiers are going to be deadly: they outrange both the turrets and the commander.

Would like to see some attention drawn to transport - drop AI and interface for the pelicals. Some advanced features could be very useful (not sure if possible though). Like let the pelicans remember which units they need to transport and then perform multiple load and unload iterations without further player input(same as the queue for transport function in Zero-K). That would reduce transport micro manifold and would allow sizeable armies transportation when using only a handful of pelicans.
    Last edited: July 1, 2019
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It's not really the eco itself that snowballs, it's the t2 units that are created from it. This change has definitely mitigated t2 spam, but now t2 air is incredibly dominant (which is in need of its own changes, some of which are in this doc).
  9. netpyxa

netpyxa Active Member

Just simple calculations and assumptions:
    Units that need manual activation are a big no no i think they are too much a micro hog in the huge macro game that we have. Manually used units sounds too much like wc3 but there they only have a handful at a time so it is kind of tolerable.
    Quitch likes this.
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Last edited: July 12, 2019
  11. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Didnt think it through.