Test Build 113410-pte

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, June 28, 2019.

1. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

Hello Commanders,

We have a new PTE build for some quick testing before we go live.

Technical Notes

AI Improvements
    • Land, Fighter, and Bomber platoons will now path safely back to base to disband instead of taking a direct path
    • Land, Fighter, and Bomber platoons that lose enough of their units while enroute to their destination will re-evaluate whether they should change targets or disband
    • Platoons will now merge faster
    AI Fixes
    • Fix for AI platoons getting stuck if they attempt to path and fail after a previous successful path
    • Fix for amphibious units that cannot attack while underwater getting stuck
    Client Improvements
    • Added client side custom line formations for move, attack and unload (replacing Cover the Line mod)
    • Added basic Discord activity support with 1v1 ranked info (macOS / Windows only with current Discord SDK)
    • Added check for multiple copies of PA running to avoid local storage corruption (Windows only)
    • Added startpa: custom protocol handler (currently macOS / windows only with no parameter support)
    • Changed landing zones defaults rules max to 32 players
    Note: Custom line formations will move server side in a future update with support for factory rally to custom line formation.

Client Fixes
    • Fixed macOS import / export (load / save) dialog crashes
    • Fixed recover account URL
    TITANS Balance Changes
    • Grenadier range increased from 125 to 135 (will out range turrets)
    • Advanced Metal Extractor (slowing the T2 rush in favour of expansion, map control and T1 units)
      • cost increased from 1,500 to 2,000
      • production rate decreased from 20 to 15
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Looks interesting. Should be fun. If all testing goes well. When do you plan for going live with it. Clan tournament tomorrow so would be nice to know. Thanks.
    NikolaMX likes this.
  3. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

Before tournament ;)
    killerkiwijuice, Clopse and NikolaMX like this.
  4. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

This is by far the best patch PA has had since renewing the work on balance! Here are some bugs discovered during testing:

1) When giving a line unload command the displayed line only covers a final fraction of the drawn drop line. The units are still dropped according to the command, but the displayed line is much shorter

2) There is a slight inconsistency with queuing drop commands. Doing so will override any other queued commands regardless of other factors

3) Looks like T2 metal extractors still costs 1500 and gives 20/ sec
    xankar, killerkiwijuice and Quitch like this.
  5. wmurderface

wmurderface Member

less eco means less things which means less fun....game balance is getting worse in my estimation....no more nukes or titans in 1v1s....just tier one spam, sounds really boring.
    Last edited: June 28, 2019
    maxcomander likes this.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

You're right, and I actually think nukes and antinukes should be lowered in cost to compensate. This eco change should affect everything else besides nukes/antis IMO.
    Last edited: June 28, 2019
  7. killerkiwijuice

To me it feels like these balance changes should be packaged with air fighter HP reduction, storm rework (which is longer range direct flak/missile and manual-fire only to make the shots skillful) and possibly an air fighter missile speed reduction. When I have time I'm going to post a storm rework as well as a buff to the vanguard (to more effectively deal with crowd control, which enables tanks to crush large dox hordes, which then leaves bluehawks vulnerable to tanks, making a t2 tank opener in 1v1 viable...) to this thread https://forums.planetaryannihilation.com/threads/2019-vehicle-economy-misc-unit-balance.73325/

Mostly this is because I think air (especially gunships) are going to be very very strong now that killing expansions and metal extractors becomes super high priority. My old thoughts about this still stay true:
    https://forums.planetaryannihilatio...y-misc-unit-balance.73325/page-2#post-1150285
  8. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Idk about you guys, but I'm just pretty happy right now :)
    maxcomander likes this.
  9. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

How about we give this a couple of weeks before hot-take nay-saying? Seems to be a habit lately :oops:
    cdrkf and lulamae like this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I personally like the sound of the changes... looking forward to testing them!
    wpmarshall likes this.
  11. thatsonofabroom

thatsonofabroom Member

tier 2 metal shouldn't be nerfed tier 1 should be buffed
  12. thatsonofabroom

thatsonofabroom Member

Same thing happens but you can still rush tier 2 if you feel like it and win
  13. xankar

xankar Post Master General

why not just let people express their concerns?
  14. thatsonofabroom

thatsonofabroom Member

make tier 1 metal cheaper not tier 2 metal worse. This way tier 2 rushing is still viable but so is tier 1 spamming. As far as air is concerned I have a few ideas. You can either buff the storm's rate of fire, or you can nerf kestrals. Wyrms need a health or buff, hornets need to be able to shoot backwards, angels need to cost around 3,000 metal because currently they are not viable in really any way.
  15. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

The problem with t2 mex was that just getting t2 on your spawn metal alone was a MASSIVE boost imo.

@xankar nothing against concerns at all. just speaking from experience.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  16. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

t1 metal costs practically nothing, that was never an issue.(Hint: the issue is protecting and raiding it) Air is a mess on it's own to be dealt with, and we need to see how the game stabilizes after this patch before asking for drastic reworks. I still back the fighter hp reduction and reverting the spinner, and buffing storms, as for the kestrel, it really matters how wyrms and hornets are handled to make T2 air fun and complex

>Having the drifter as a soft-ish counter to slammers (even higher drifter damage per shot and maybe even lower RoF to compensate) is a good way to diversify the T2 bot meta, but we will see how that goes<
    xankar likes this.
  17. killerkiwijuice

The whole issue here is a boost in eco allowing for t2 army numbers to skyrocket and you want to increase eco even further by buffing t1 mex... bruh
    xankar likes this.
  18. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Aw crap now getting out of an eco stall will be even harder. Surly in a game where both side's have the same unit's the only balance needed is to stop spam.
  19. killerkiwijuice

You will have less eco which means you should make less fabbers and less factories. It only makes it different not harder. And this is exactly the change that "stops spam".
    MrTBSC likes this.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

intresting changes to say the least ...
    but for the negative nancys here .. hold your butts .. this is a ptebuild .. so test the eff out of it ..
    and we may get adjustments later on ..
    personaly i aprove of the idea to delay when t2 gets into propper effect .. and i aprove of the need for more territorycontrol than early t2mexxcapping ... also grenadierbuff YAY! ...

the thing i still would like to see changed is t2 air .. and i´m gonna be honest i wasn´t active the last couple months
    so others may have a much better grasp on this on weither t2 air has been more broadly used than standart fighter and gunshipspam ... also like to see a slight buff on the icarus for some light raiding- primarily fabbers MAYBE a bit into mexxraiding ... but they should not rival dox in general raiding ...

there is a difference in stating concerns and flat out " NUUUUU DON`T DU DIS!!!!! RAGE!!!!111!!!"-statements
    Last edited: July 12, 2019
    killerkiwijuice likes this.