Advanced fabbers build all advanced factories

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by stylisticsagittarius, May 10, 2019.

1. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

So often when i play the game, i usually focus on bots or tanks.
    However when i want to build a more diverse army later on my army of example tank fabbers need to build a t1 bot fact built a bot fabber and only then can build an advanced bot factory. Same with Air.
    This is actually quite annoying and i don't see the benefit of this.
    I completly agree that the low tier fabbers should only be able to build there corresponding advanced factory but i think advanced fabbers should be able to build all advanced factories.
    What do you guys think?
  2. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

no
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i think there is a risk of decreasing the time it takes to get propper t2 going and as such turn t1 obsolete quicker .. so for pacereasons i would be rather against this change ...
  4. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Can you explain this somewhat better?
    a single t2 constructer can build a t1 factory in about 3 seconds, asist a builder for less then one second wich builds a t2 factory and can immidiatly assist it.
    Time would not really be an issue, if anything would be an issue it would be the increased space it needs if you are in tight spots. It also requires alot more of your attention.
    But i like to hear more about what you mean with the time factor.
    I think if you just finished a t2 factory you will not easely start building the other t2 factory regardless wether the advanced fabbers could built it immidiatly or not.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i´m rather positive that with a sustained eco you will ... you just need to spam sufficient t1 fabs be that vehicle or bots to support the t2 fabber which i guess likely will be a t2 vehiclefabber to quickly build the remaining t2 factories ..

basically
    considering how standart buildorders usualy go

build bot fac.
    build bot fabbers (because they are often the better choice for expansion) that
    build vehicle fac to
    build vehicle fabs who then
    build the t2 vehiclefac to finaly
    build the t2 vehicle fab (so far so same as usual but ..)

take any fabbers you produced so far (which likely consists of t1 bot- and vehiclefabs)
    to support the t2 vehiclefabber/s building the t2 factories you need ..
    you are potentionaly skipping the need to produce the other types of fabbers which require time (that might be actualy significant) to be produced ..
    and can soley focus on producing combat units with maybe one t2 fac as primary fabproducer ...
    in other words you skipp the need for t1 airfabbers to build a t2 air factory and can skip the need to produce t2 airfabs cause they are not cost effective

the only fabtypes you can´t skip are naval (when there is significant ammount of water)
    with air again being costinefficient to build naval structures ...
    or orbital as none of the surface fabs can build orbital stuff ..
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  6. bthirteen

bthirteen Member

You would never build other T1 if T2 fabber could build other T2s
    MrTBSC, killerkiwijuice and lulamae like this.