Assault is the new Assasin

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Flamesaw, August 13, 2010.

1. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

Seriously, I have been seeing teams stacked with 4 Assaults all day

Not saying they are OP, they just blow me up a lot.. :'(
  2. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

Better than 4 assassins. At least they can serve several different roles. Defense, killing enemies, attacking turrets, etc.
  3. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Assault is a very balanced class and is handy in alot of situations. He also has a very very high crit rate on that assault rifle which can be annoying espically with a 2 or 3 crit endorsement.
  4. Evil Lemon325

Evil Lemon325 New Member

The Assualt is a gunner with stronger abilities, more manuerveurabilty, but with much less health and damage. Since a noob doesn't actively take advantage of the first two points, they are essentially weak gunners.
  5. Time4Science

Time4Science New Member

The only thing that bugs me about Assaults is their grapples, they can get pretty annoying after awhile.
  6. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Assassins can do that. To some extent even better than assaults. :)

*cough*JackBot*cough*

Besides, assassins are made for taking out turrets. Cloak up to them, smoke-bomb and slash away.. Assassins are getting a bad reputation because of the way most people play them, but I believe they're a very deep and strategic class, if you want them to be more than human blenders. :)
  7. Jebiga

Jebiga New Member

I like to use his bomb to shoot myself over the map to get faster to specific positions.
  8. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Assault can never be the new assassin, pub assaults are actually useful and having more than 1 isn't a bad thing.
  9. SaberJ

SaberJ New Member

Jackbots only come in at the end of the game. And if a base is properly defended, then you won't be able to isolate turrets all that well. An assassin CAN be multi-functional, but most aren't. And even when they are, it's not to the level of an assault player. Nor should it be, IMO. They kill really well, and they get places others can't. That's a pretty big check in their box. It's just that when the team is flooded with them, bad things happen.
  10. Aeldur

Aeldur New Member

I usually play as an Assassin, but if I notice there's another one in my team, I tend to switch to another class. It's a teambased shooter, not a deathmatch game :p
    So just use a class which you feel is right for your team, considering the others' chosen classes.