Translations, AI and Modern Update 113044 / 113034 / 113025-pte / 112882-pte / 112967-pte

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, February 23, 2019.

1. n00n

n00n Active Member

2019-03-14-054040_1920x1200_scrot.png

The current release seems to have introduced a rendering artefacts that're effecting Windows and Linux.
  2. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

That issue is map specific and not related to recent builds. Added to a list of edge cases to investigate.
  3. panews

113121-pte is now live with:
    • First pass of Polish translations
    • Fix for windows 7 login issues on modern build
    • Fix for AI commander getting stuck against terrain while trying to navigate back to safety
    • Fix for AI unit cannons not building anything in some circumstances
    • Fix for AI sometimes getting stuck not using its unit cannons
    • AI building placement perf improvements
    We hope to have a fix later this month for the client crash during live game that is impacting high spec high core systems.
    ace63, Nicb1, xankar and 2 others like this.
  4. panews

5. panews

6. panews

7. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

Wow I'm quite happy to see the continued dedication to making PA as good as it can be.

I've been playing on the main build (and this problem isn't new), and I find that whether I play on multi or single planet systems with AI, the sim speed drops as low as 20%. If the sim speed is managed locally, is there a way to disable it? And after the bug fixes to this modernization patch are done, is sim speed a major contender for further improvements? Personally I'd rather see 5 fps rather than spend an entire night trying to move my army from one end of a world to the other.
  8. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@Frosty3k Check out https://wiki.palobby.com/wiki/Plane...r_Sim_Performance_/_Time_Dilation_/_RAM_Usage
  9. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

I read through the wiki and I think it means if I run a local game or host a custom multiplayer match that the server is my own machine, correct? At this point my PC is not top of the line, but still has decent specs. If it is my own machine that is affecting the sim speed, aside from purchasing a $3k computer, I still think some optimizations to the game engine would be nice. Otherwise it's kind of difficult to play vs AI.
  10. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

Regarding local games:
    First, go to your settings, and go to the server menu, and look at your Local Server setting, like https://i.imgur.com/D3SanYD.png

I can't remember the exact specifications needed for "Auto" to use your machine, but I think it's something along the lines of just 4 GB RAM and a 64-bit OS. For most people, "Auto" means "On" as a result.

For multiplayer games:
    Multiplayer games will always use the PA Inc. servers unless you do some extremely special things, which have become harder and harder to configure over time. Post-GDPR, the only non-default servers that are shown publicly are the 2 Community Dedicated Servers, which are also maintained by PA Inc.

If people are able to join your game without inputting an IP address, that means you are on a server provided by PA Inc.

______

I'm running on 16 GB RAM and an overclocked i5-4690k, and I believe that my local machine vastly outperforms the default servers (but I haven't tested this too extensively). On the other hand, PA Inc. is working on migrating the default servers from Playfab to their own system, which should lead to a noticeable improvement in sim performance in the near future.
    nimzodragonlord and lulamae like this.
  11. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

Thanks, that clears it up for me. Then I shall be looking forward to hearing more about their server migration. :)
  12. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

Wow I guess I asked my question a couple days too early (or way too late). I can't wait to see the difference the new servers bring. :)

Although that does add one more question - will the servers affect a galactic war game, or will they be (or remain to be) completely dependent on local computer performance?
  13. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

@panews
    I think these translations introduced a typo. Looking at the changes, it seems like in-general, the intent was to change the "display_name" from "LOC!Ant" to "Ant". It seems however, that some of these units had the "unit_name" field set instead.

Was this intended? Is there a new field with a different purpose?
  14. panews

Untranslated name.
    dom314 likes this.