Phoenix issues... am I crazy?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by joe113, March 27, 2019.

1. joe113

joe113 New Member

Newbie question: I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a Phoenix to fly from one planet to another. It just ignores the move order. Is there a trick here or was the capability removed? I gather that it isn't capable of fighting at the orbital level, which is confusing but seems to be the role of the Avenger.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It has a "special move" command on the right hand toolbar when selected, or you can press 's' on the keyboard for the default keybindings.

You are correct it doesn't fight in orbital layer as it can't stay there. It doesn't stop at orbital layer it just goes through it during transfer.
    huangth and joe113 like this.
  3. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I've never used the special move, it always used to go to other planets for me with a simple move order o_O
  4. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

No you definitely have to use the special move command or they spool down and crash after reentry.. on to the other planet.
    Dear oh Dear Marshall noob much
    wpmarshall and nimzodragonlord like this.
  5. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

That's Mr Marshall to you :cool:
  6. joe113

joe113 New Member

Special move does work for me, however it is not bound to anything by default; 's' is bound to stop. I set it to ctrl-s (had to move sound toggle to another key). Special move seems picky about left/right click. IIRC only hotkey+left-click worked. Also the phoenix's really freak out when a bunch of them re-enter atmosphere together. They spiral like a flushing toilet. Usually they make it eventually but once I had a server crash (I was playing single player). Looking at the crash dump it seemed to be out of memory (system had 16 GB RAM).
  7. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I find the you have to may sure that the planes don't become un-highlighted while you navigate to the destination planet to give the move order. Otherwise a regular move order works for me.