[REL] MLA + Legion mod

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by fabberking, January 10, 2019.

1. fabberking

fabberking New Member

An addon for legion that combines both factions

c3f22dfbe2a371a8f0c7915963ca14d3.png

c3a09ad5a21486c1083128ade1cd08b0.png
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Would be better for this mod to use its own icon I think, to avoid causing confusion. A 50/50 Legion/TITANs logo perhaps?
    fabberking and stuart98 like this.
  3. fabberking

fabberking New Member

Good idea
  4. Quitch

The new logo is mighty sexy.

The mod says it requires the Legion Expansion, but doesn't list it as a dependency. What's up with that? Also it's "Legion Expansion" not "Legion expansion".
  5. fabberking

fabberking New Member

I wasn't sure if the dependency would make it auto download with legion so i just left it out.
  6. Quitch

No, a dependency would mean your mod would cause Legion to be installed and enabled as well, but it's a one-way dependency.
  7. retardedtactician

retardedtactician New Member

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would it be possible to change up the way you gain access to MLA/Legion structures? I did some thinking, and replacing redundant Legion structures with their MLA counterparts can unbalance things slightly in favor of the MLA. As an example, Legion metal extractors produce 8 metal/sec to compensate for the higher costs of Legion units. Thus, by replacing them with MLA extractors, which only produce 7 metal/sec, T1 players using mostly Legion units are slightly handicapped. This is because Legion's units weren't balanced around the lesser MLA metal income.
    Moving on, I think a system that would work moderately well would be to make Legion fabbers buildable in the already used MLA factories, and allow them to build the Legion exclusive structures. This would help with early Legion metal costs, for those who use Legion primarily.
    However, the system above still allows those who use MLA to benefit just as much from Legion metal economy early on. Alternatively, a second option would be to make both MLA and Legion factories buildable by fabbers/the commander, and make faction-specific units restricted once again to their own faction's factories, as well as restricting non-factory faction-specific structures to that faction's fabbers. Then, both types of units would still be usable by all players, but players would have to choose between MLA or Legion in their starting factory choice. This would allow Legion-leaning players to benefit from the economy they would normally have as a Legion player early on, while denying it to a player who chose to go MLA first. This way, all players could still use both factions' units, but it would restore the early economic balance for Legion T1.
    Last edited: February 18, 2019
  8. Quitch

You have AI Mod Compatibility Framework as a dependency, but you don't need it, Legion needs it, and Legion already calls it. You also have the Legion Client as a dependency, but again, that's a Legion server dependency which it calls.

So what I'm saying is that unless I'm missing something, the sole dependency of this mod should be Legion Expansion, and then it should rely on that mod to call all the mods it needs.
  9. fabberking

fabberking New Member

I only have com.pa.legion-expansion-server as a dependency in the modinfo.json tho
    Quitch likes this.
  10. Quitch

Oh, Community Mods must be showing the dependencies of dependencies. My bad.
  11. nightskye359

nightskye359 New Member

Not sure if it's related to this mod or not but the errors it's showing are indeed from this mod.

Attached Files: