Is there a way to hide enemy's unit trajectory?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by markaabo, January 12, 2019.

1. markaabo

markaabo New Member

me and my friend is looking for a way to hide each-others unit trajectory paths/planetary travel icons so that you can't know where your enemy shot a unit/missile from, so you have to land on every planet to check if the enemy is there

in the pictures i attached its the green line between planets i want to remove from my sight so i can't see the enemy's path or units travelling

Attached Files:

2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

There is currently no way to remove just those icons and just those trajectory paths. You would lose all icons.
    And if you were OK with that, there is currently no way to have it enforced on all players in a game. You can only toggle them on/off for yourself.
  3. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@markaabo The closest you can get to this is go to Settings > Gameplay and set Active Product to Classic.

The go into Community Mods and on the Units tab, disable Orbital And Deep Space Radar.

The when you host a game you will not have vision of any enemy orbital orbital. but that means you will also not know when someone is building an anchor above your commander.
  4. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Making a mod for it now, radar and orbital units will have vision within a certain radius on the planet but no jump warnings for celestial transfers, ill throw you the file once im done with instructions on how to set it up and use it.
  5. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Done, if you want I will add the deep space orbital radar in, it can view travel between other planets.

Attached Files:

6. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

To install type %appdata% in the windows search bar or press windows key + R and do the same, go up one folder then in to Local, look for the uber entertainment folder, open it, if you see a folder called, server_mods extract the contents only in to that folder, if you do not see the folder, create it and then copy the contents of the zip in there, if you go to community mods in game and then to Installed, it should be listed near the top of the list. Enable and enjoy.
    lulamae likes this.
  7. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Currently testing the DSR version.
    Last edited: January 13, 2019
  8. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Deep Space Radar Version, Cost 1200, energy usage: 2000

Attached Files:

tatsujb likes this.
  9. markaabo

markaabo New Member

firstly thanks for making the mod :)

i downloaded the lastone you sent and tried it with my friend (he also installed it) it didnt work... and now im able to see (without any radar) exactly what my friend is building in orbit as you can see in the attached pics

Edit: could it be that we have the mod Legion installed?

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 15, 2019
  10. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

Likely.

In normal TITANS, the Commander has celestial vision, which is what allows the player to see interplanetary transit and all orbital presences (as long as they have energy). In Vanilla, only the Deepspace Radar has celestial vision.

Legion modifies the MLA Commander slightly to make it unable to build non-MLA units.
    w33dkingca/TETC's mod modifies the commander slightly by removing its celestial vision.

Whichever one is loaded last will overwrite the other one. It sounds like Legion is loading after TETC's mod.

If TETC's mod loaded later, it'd instead result in the following situation:
    1. MLA commander does not have celestial vision, but it can build Legion units
    2. Legion commander still has celestial vision.
  11. markaabo

markaabo New Member

So i need to get TETC's mod to load last?, or?

my english isnt very good, so i dont quite understand everything you said :confused:
  12. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

No. No matter what order it loads in, it will break, if it is not designed to work with Legion.