Enhanced In-Game Chat

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by themolezz, October 22, 2018.

1. themolezz

themolezz New Member

Enhanced In-Game Chat

Adding player mentioning, audible alerts and chat log isolation to the current in-game chat.

Example.PNG
    Example2.PNG

Current Features & Functionality

• Mention people to grab their attention!
      • Using the prefix "@" followed by letters/characters of the player's username will cause a selection box to appear behind the selected player in the list of players shown below the chat. Once the required player is highlighted pressing "Spacebar" will auto-complete the player's username into the input box. (Good for those of you with long complex usernames!)
    • Audible alert if your username is mentioned in a chat message
      • By utilising the auto-complete functionality (explained above) it should now be easier to directly message an ally (or enemy) to grab their attention.
    • Independent chat logs for All and Team channel
      • When pressing "Enter" to view/send an "All" message, the log will only display messages sent to All.
      • Vice versa for the Team channel, only team communicated messages will be displayed when pressing "Shift + Enter".
    Possible Future Features
    • Configurable alert sounds
    • UI Improvement - I know the colours look a bit dark and are hard to read in the current example :(
    First time doing some mod work on PA. This is an idea which came to mind when viewing some of the example mods the other day. So any feedback or possible future suggestions are welcomed!

Cheers.
    Last edited: October 23, 2018
  2. themolezz

themolezz New Member

Version 1.0.0 Release

All packaged in a .zip on github ready for release.

Notes:
    • UI Improvements to make player usernames easier to read. Example3.PNG
  3. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

4. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Did you modify an existing mod or did you do this from scratch by researching existing .js PA sources?
  5. themolezz

themolezz New Member

I made this from scratch. Looked through the source code to see what was available and then using the UI debugger I tried to access and change values
    emarkus likes this.
  6. NikolaMX

NikolaMX Active Member

mod isnt published
  7. themolezz

themolezz New Member

Link has been posted in the Mods community channel, waiting for it to appear on community mods now :)

Edit: Resolved some issues with the mod. Should hopefully be released soon.
    Last edited: October 26, 2018
    stuart98 and NikolaMX like this.
  8. themolezz

themolezz New Member

Mod is now live on community mods! Post any issues/suggestions here for future implementations :)
    xankar likes this.
  9. jerle78

jerle78 Member

I've had some issues with this mod recently with team games where chat will get stuck in "all chat" instead of "team chat". There doesn't seem to be a way to break out of the "all chat" mode once it gets stuck.
  10. themolezz

themolezz New Member

Hi. Sorry I've haven't done any work on this mod since I released it back in 2018. If you (or anyone) is having issues feel free to contact me on here. I'm present on the Discord as well (MoleZz#4796)
    Last edited: May 14, 2020