Dox need buffs Immediately!!!!

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by nosebreaker, August 1, 2015.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Not sure what that has to do with needing a ground counter for its missiles :)
    stuart98 and MrTBSC like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

it would have a good reason with tac missiles having greater range ... heck if uber significantly buffs catapults so you could build forward firebases there would be even more reason for tmd´s ..
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The only problem is that it would make T2 vehicles useless against anyone who builds tactical missiles.
  4. MrTBSC

no .. because shellers are superior as they aren´t shot down by tmd and have superior splash ... it merely means you would have to mix up tanks with gil-e´s .. and if your opponent goes t2 bots he would have access to the mobile tmd anyway as well as to tactical missiles .. tanks are still good with the vanguard having significant hp ... levelers may lack range but they hit like a truck against single units ..

it realy is a case of knowing how to manage to get your army in place .. tanks still have the staying power over bots ...
    so actualy to me it´s just natural that bots get range for compensation of their squishiness ... however both gil-e´s and tacmissiles are still "only" effective against single targets ..
  5. stuart98

But if it's just T2 bots against T2 vehicles, if tac missile range was buffed T2 bots would always win. It's already questionable to go T2 vehicles when they lack the precision of T2 bots; if Bluehawks had the AoE and range then shellers would be nigh on useless against them.
  6. MrTBSC

a simple case of if tanks get in range the bots are done .. and bluehawks aren´t particularly fast i would argue that shellers are faster than bluehawks even their projectiles seem faster than the bluehawks missile

also i don´t see t2 bots vs t2 tanks be ever that much of case .. you always have t1 in some way .. and since both t2 tanks and bots lack anti air any kind of air would bust them ..
  7. stuart98

8. MrTBSC

you do know you can attack from many angles and you don´t have to attack armies always head on and that you can split your troups if neccesary ... and how fast do bluwhawks kill an army of bolo´s or grenadies ... or dox ... .. you make it like speed suddenly doesn´t matter at all ...
  9. stuart98

Control-RMB move units at max speed.

But the point is that giving bluehawks more range and AoE will make them OP against T2 vehicles and I haven't seen any argument from you against that.
  10. MrTBSC

it would be rather more efficient against single targets than large groups and tendency to overkill especialy against t1 ... otherwise don´t make it have AoE at all then .. so realy you may just need to send some cannonfodder allong with your troops that provokes them lauching missiles at the wrong targets .. dox f.e. still could dodge missiles as they don´t track ...
  11. stuart98

If we increase its range and don't do something to differentiate from the Gil-E then it becomes a better Gil-E.
  12. MrTBSC

no ... gil-e´s have faster projectilespeed are fast themselfs and can´t be well dodged .. if gil-e´s are at range you WILL get that damage ... even more so with their clipping ... also gil-e´s deny missile damage ... gil-e´s damage as well as shellers can´t be denied through tmd ..

basicaly

gil-e´s single target damage next to not dodgeable not denyable through tmd
    bluewhawks rather against singletargets, dodgeable and denyable through tmd
    shellers good against unitgroups, dodgeable but not denyable through tmd

so realy if you go t2 bots to battle armies your choice will be the gil-e
    the bluehawk should be against structures like the hornet is imo ..
  13. stuart98

Gil-E speed is same as Bluehawk, 12.

You can't dodge a bluehawk tactical missile either.

Gil-Es hard-counter bluehawks.

Wait, that's a band-aid solution. Why are we going with band-aid solutions?

I feel like Uber's kinda trapped themselves in with tactical missile balance. It'd take a fair bit of re-roling of units to fix it.
  14. MrTBSC

don´t bolo´s still wreck dox?
    dox can still kite and dodge infernodier, no? ..

@stuart98
    i don´t think so ..
    Last edited: August 14, 2015
  15. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Dox get wrecked by everything.. They Need a supper buff now.. add a extra gun or increase shoot range to same as sniper...
    Yes that makes more good idea.. longer range then grens to out gren them with the dox.....
    Make for a great game again
    sardaukar666 and stormingkiwi like this.
  16. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

This thread is so old that it's necromancy also brought me back.

I played a few 1v1s yesterday and the Dox / everything else balance seems alright. Micro-ing them heavily still gives a big advantage which I think is fun.
    stuart98, xankar, nosebreaker and 2 others like this.