LAUNCHER INITIATES AND THEN FAILS WITHIN 2 SECONDS

Discussion in 'Support!' started by bostonjordan515, November 2, 2018.

1. bostonjordan515

bostonjordan515 New Member

Help - i am using the direct launcher - been playing for years without trouble. Today - I click on the launcher and it initiates with icon on windows task bar - but then completely shuts down. No active screen ever appears. Any Ideas ?? I tried to download new launcher - but it was partially grayed out as an install option. Tried it anyhow and no luck . Found no incompatible software .
  2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Clear your download cache - https://support.planetaryannihilation.com/kb/faq.php?id=194
  3. bostonjordan515

I deleted the whole directory and got the same result. tried to download launcher again - same result. I renamed the PA directory - and still no change.
  4. bostonjordan515

I did a complete uninstall and re-install. The launched is grayed out on the installation check list - which is odd to me. Still cant launch - is there another workaround ?
  5. lulamae

6. lulamae

Right now the current build is v. 112314
  7. bostonjordan515

Thanks - I updated the video drivers - and it resolved. I usually update every 2 months - so this caught me off guard. The instant fail on startup was bizarre. I do appreciate your willingness to help
    lulamae likes this.