[SOLVED] Glitched graphics and no metal spots

Discussion in 'Support!' started by loligerloler2, October 28, 2018.

1. loligerloler2

loligerloler2 New Member

Hey everyone

English isn't my first language, so have some mercy with grammar :p
    So my problem is easily shown by pictures. Not sure if I have to say anything about it, it should seem quite obvious. Every structure, every unit, everything has glitched out icons. This means only the icons are glitched not the graphic itself. If I zoom in until the icons are not displayed anymore I can play with no bugs (except for the missing metal spots).
    Umm... so I have tried to solve the problem by doing step after step from the main page of the wiki site.
    This includes disabling all mods, updating graphics driver (nVidia 1060 here) up to even uninstalling the game and installing it on another drive. Nothing worked so far. I'm pretty much out of options right now, so I'd be very thankful if anyone knows how to fix it.
    Got the logs uploaded too, hopfeully someone can do something :D
    Any infos: Got Windows 10, a nVidia 1060 6GB, and the problem has occured by itself (so from one day to another it got glitched)
    Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: October 28, 2018
  2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Does this also occur outside of sandbox/dev mode?

Ensure HDR set to OFF in game Settings>Graphics
    Last edited: October 28, 2018
  3. loligerloler2

loligerloler2 New Member

Yes it happens everywhere: multiplayer, singleplayer, sandbox, doesn't make any difference.
  4. loligerloler2

loligerloler2 New Member

Neither On nor Off makes a difference :/
  5. lulamae

6. loligerloler2

loligerloler2 New Member

Unfortunately HDR off was of no use :/
    Even worse, I just did the DDU procedure and (re-)installed my GPU drivers from scratch and it did literally nothing :(
    Not sure what to do from now on..
  7. lulamae

8. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

9. loligerloler2

loligerloler2 New Member

Alright the problem is solved for some reason....
    I have tried disabling all mods yesterday which hasn't worked. Then I uninstalled each mod except for what I thought was a mod which was pre-installed (Some Meteor effect mod which I can't find anymore). Neither disabling nor uninstalling almost all mods hasn't worked.
    Just now, I tried uninstalling each mod except for the Community Chat one and I guess that dealt the trick.
    The Meteor effect mod seemed to have an impact on each and every icon even tho I disabled it already o_O

EDIT: Now after clearing the download cache, the meteors mods are back and it doesn't make a difference having them enabled or disabled.... Weird, but I'm glad it works ^^

EDIT 2: After reinstalling some mods I am now back at the problem ..... -.- It seems like it is caused by one of any mod, not sure which one it is... gonna go and do some tests

EDIT 3 (wow) : After about 20 restarts and several disabled and enabled mods I found out that the Mod: "Strategic Kappa Icon - Commander" is at fault. Disabling it has now proven to fix my problem.. I figured out that each time I got the mod enabled and started the game it would cause said glitch. After restarting the game without the mod enabled everythings fine. I didnt restart the game each time yesterday which is why the glitch wasn't fixed after disabling all mods. Quite complicated but now it finally works :)

Still, thanks a lot, guys :)
    Last edited: October 29, 2018
    Quitch and lulamae like this.
  10. lulamae

11. lulamae