[REL] [CLIENT] Commander Tele Landing

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by dom314, February 6, 2016.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Sadly not possible.
  2. huangth

huangth Active Member

I like this mod, it is awesome.
    But I found some drawbacks about it.

Without the red line, I can barely see where my teammates land if they don't ping the landing zone.
    Especially in team army mode, players don't share the landing zones.

The second problem is players can't see the drop pod, and I can't know when it finishes the landing.
    Thus, I need to keep select and select until I get my commander.

Here are some improvements can be added.
    For the first problem, increasing the size of the special effect as large as a nuke (which may raise to the height of orbital layer).
    If the players can see it from other planets, it will be even better.

For the second problem, the counting down timer of landing may be able to be modified and used?
    When I see the timer is zero,
    it should be the time when the commander finishes the landing rather than starting landing.
    MrTBSC and dom314 like this.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

The visibility issue has been brought up already, I am thinking about it. I don't want to ruin the effect too much by introducing incongruent effects. Most of the components of the effect should already be visible regardless of distance, but I can make that all of them. I also plan on adding something that will let you see the landing around the curvature of the planet.

With regards to timing, well it is identical to the normal spawn animation, and I would like to point out that if you press 1, the commander should be bound to that group automatically when it spawns. I don't think modifying the countdown timer would be worth while.
    huangth likes this.
  4. graushwein

graushwein Member

The way I've found to make it so that the commander is NOT selected when landing is if you are messing around in the Picture-In-Picture when the commander actually spawns. Because of this, I always make sure to use the middle mouse button to wiggle the planet in the main view before the commander spawns. So just make sure to be done messing with the PnP and tell the game your looking at the main view, and your commander should always be selected automatically upon spawn.
    dom314 likes this.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

In regards to commander spawn point visibility, maybe take inspiration from the commander death explosions giant spike fx that you see before the nuke like mushroom cloud. Not sure if it's clear as to what I'm referring to here.

Edit:
    Or just have particles drifting from a high point in the sky down to the landing location.
    MrTBSC, huangth and dom314 like this.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

hmm not bad
    dom314 likes this.
  7. jackburton176

jackburton176 Member

This is good stuff
    dom314 likes this.
  8. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Updated xD