The servers are really bad and keep crashing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by manlebtnureinmal, May 28, 2018.

1. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

Uber, please fix the servers.
  2. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I am in agreement with your post. The crashes have outnumbered completed games for me by 2:1
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    grandhomie likes this.
  3. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Yeah, same here, I'm very reluctant to play 10 players games now, the sim speed decreases earlier and faster than before and crashes are way more common now.
    Pre migration I rarely had a crash.

That being said, we were warned that the transition wouldn't be without issues so I'm hopeful (maybe adding more RAM to match the previous setup for instance).
  4. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

Even 2v2 games that go on for a bit can get laggy. It's really bad at the moment. Every three or so games the server will completely freeze up or crash and in pretty much every game has periodic freezes.
  5. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

While we continue to work on the PlayFab migration, I'd like to start collecting some info from those of you who are having server issues. Can you post your logs here after a game that has had issues or crashes? I'll pass these along to our engineers so we can try to figure out what is causing these problems. Thanks.
    flubbateios likes this.
  6. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Most of mine have been lost connections, often within 10 minutes of starting the game.
    manlebtnureinmal and kelwin99 like this.
  7. okeanos

okeanos New Member

I personally stopped playing PA all together on the public servers. I only play if there is a custom server online as the performance of the public servers is so crappy that i would probably commit suicide before finishing an actual game.
  8. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Just played a 5v5 (foolish me) and the sim speed dropped to 2%; by that time at least half of the players were dead so we had about 5 players left and not too many units (fast paced game, no one amassed too many units). This is far too common nowadays unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 10.24.22 AM.png