Planetary Extinction League Season 2!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by acesoyster, May 21, 2018.

1. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

[​IMG]
    Planetary Extinction League Season 2!
    Hey everyone, Broom and I have taken a lead (still working with the previous organisers you know and love) on getting another Extinction League event organised, hopefully to start this Summer. If you're not sure what the Extinction League is, the Season 1 forum post is here.

This season, we're running a double elimination bracket, the first games of which will run on the 7th of July. We’ll be looking to play two games each Saturday (at a time that may vary due to Clan timezones), all of which will hopefully be streamed and livecasted. Once those games are finished, we will host large FFA games that anyone can join on the custom server we use for the tournament.

The bracket for the season can be viewed on Challonge! This weekend we'll have games between Mythical and BSE, TPP and MeNG, and then the winner of that game versus ICARUS.

Get Involved
    Unfortunately, signups are now closed. However, that doesn't stop you from joining any of the clans that have already entered. Failing that, we'd love to see you supporting the event as a viewer. Additionally, anyone looking to get involved with the event as tournament staff or a caster is encouraged message either Broom (Thatsonofabroom#5546) or me (AcesOyster#1239) on Discord or these forums.

Thanks! GLHF
    Last edited: July 28, 2018
    emarkus, okeanos, tunsel11 and 14 others like this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Awesome! I really enjoyed the first season too! Even the after-party slugfest that is 32FFA. :)
  3. okeanos

okeanos New Member

We need a map list so we can start training ;)
    Furballman likes this.
  4. thatsonofabroom

thatsonofabroom Member

Aces and I are currently working on the map list and we should be done within the week ;) . We just need to make sure that the maps work. Feel free to make suggestions!
  5. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I understand that the clan match ups my be uneven, wrt player counts, but @grandhomie map pack has some very nice, symmetrical maps that tend to keep confrontations on an even footing.
  6. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

Team Burning will be participating in the event, we would like to secure orange (primary) and light blue (secondary) for the nostalgic feeling from our legacy PA roots.
  7. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Let me get this straight.

1. The organisers make all the maps. No home systems for clans anymore, so the entire dimension of making your home system to complement your skills and exploit your opponents' weaknesses is gone.

2. The goal is not to win, since you are discouraged from bringing your best players, and you will be "insulted" for it by the organisers personally. The goal is to have a casual balanced match.

3. If you play with fewer players than your opponent has, you get fewer points even if you win, instead of more. How does this make any sense again? Or am I misunderstanding your English?

The rules of this tournament seem to me a regression from even the old Exodus Clan Wars. [regression means "step back"]
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I can cast.
    grandhomie, acesoyster and stuart98 like this.
  9. thatsonofabroom

thatsonofabroom Member

I can co-cast
  10. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Your comments are completely unnecessary and add nothing of value.
    xankar, tunsel11 and stuart98 like this.
  11. Furballman

Furballman Member

PXS are once again looking forward to participating, however fielding a newer, younger, HUNGRIER generation of players!! (don't expect too much :p )

Good luck to all taking part however, and good luck to the organisers!
    grandhomie likes this.
  12. orxanga

orxanga New Member

Hi I am representing a team of 3 players that would like to play in the tournament. Our team name is Main Game, we would like to reserve the colors black and light green (the one in the bottom left of the color selection) and we have a logo (it looks goofy on purpose). Is it possible to join with only 3 players? We can commit to the games and are serious about this. PA Main Game Logo.png
  13. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

Sent you a PM
    okeanos likes this.
  14. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

The deadline for signups is rapidly approaching: the 4th of June at 13:00pm UTC. You must have at least 4 players to sign up.
    okeanos likes this.
  15. diskraip

diskraip New Member

Team BSE will be participating in the event, we would like to secure this colors: upload_2018-6-2_17-43-55.png
    emarkus and acesoyster like this.
  16. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

I am pleased to announce that 11 clans have signed up, and that Broom and I are working out an appropriate tournament format now. As 11 is prime, and a round robin would be 55 games, that process might take a little time and some creative maths. Stay tuned!
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

anything new on this or has this been paused for the time being?

edit: nevermind .. 7th july ..
  18. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Nice picture!
  19. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

How do you handle clan-army-sharing? Allowed or not?
  20. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

All games are shared army without exception.
    emarkus likes this.