[WIP][SERVER]Planetary Obliteration

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by stuart98, June 7, 2016.

1. physicalism

physicalism New Member

I particularly like this about PO. Point defense in vanilla is lacking to me.
  2. tsez

tsez New Member

Hello,

PO is working well and I see an empty slot in the building bar. Do you plan to enable the Rampart unit (l_shield_gen)?

Thanks.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Not a fan of shields, so probably not.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

So after you told me the other day Stuart that you thought you'd fixed all the log errors I thought to myself, this is Stuart, there's simply no way he's done that or even checked :)

So I did.

Unit errors:
    1. ERROR Unable to find bone [socket_leftMuzzle] for weapon [/pa/units/vanilla/land/tank_attack/tank_attack_tool_weapon.json] on unit [/pa/units/vanilla/land/tank_attack/tank_attack.json]
    2. ERROR Reclaimable::setTotalReclaimValue given bad amount [0]
    AI errors:

I assume you've made some changes since I ported the AI, given my server log used to be clean :)
    1. FabberManager: Attempted to order a fabber [/pa/units/commanders/quad_theflax/quad_theflax.json] to build [/pa/units/legion/land/l_storage/l_storage.json], which it is not able to do.
    2. FabberManager: Attempted to order a fabber [/pa/units/commanders/quad_theflax/quad_theflax.json] to build [/pa/units/legion/land/l_storage/l_storage.json], which it is not able to do.
    3. FabberManager: Attempted to order a fabber [/pa/units/commanders/raptor_centurion/raptor_centurion.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/metal_storage/metal_storage.json], which it is not able to do.
    4. FabberManager: Attempted to order a fabber [/pa/units/commanders/raptor_centurion/raptor_centurion.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/energy_storage/energy_storage.json], which it is not able to do.
    5. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/legion/air/l_air_factory_adv/l_air_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/legion/air/l_bomber/l_bomber.json], which it is not able to do.
    6. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/bot_factory_adv/bot_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/fabrication_bot/fabrication_bot.json], which it is not able to do.
    7. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/aa_missile_vehicle/aa_missile_vehicle.json], which it is not able to do.
    8. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/bot_factory_adv/bot_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/land/bot_nanoswarm/bot_nanoswarm.json], which it is not able to do.
    9. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/bot_factory_adv/bot_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/assault_bot/assault_bot.json], which it is not able to do.
    10. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/tank_light_laser/tank_light_laser.json], which it is not able to do.
    11. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/bot_factory_adv/bot_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/bot_tesla/bot_tesla.json], which it is not able to do.
    12. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/land_scout/land_scout.json], which it is not able to do.
    13. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/tank_heavy_armor/tank_heavy_armor.json], which it is not able to do.
    14. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/tank_hover/tank_hover.json], which it is not able to do.
    15. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/air/air_factory_adv/air_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/air/fabrication_aircraft/fabrication_aircraft.json], which it is not able to do.
    16. FactoryManager: Attempted to order a factory [/pa/units/vanilla/land/vehicle_factory_adv/vehicle_factory_adv.json] to build [/pa/units/vanilla/land/fabrication_vehicle/fabrication_vehicle.json], which it is not able to do.
    There are more of these, I stopped at this point. You're going to want to run a server with --ai-log

Fixing these could help stability and performance.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

@stuart98 you may reconcider wrecks blocking unitmovement ... especialy with larger numbers it becomes a massive PITA and causes units sometimes to bug out ...
    also what is it with MLA having stitches that imidiatly can build t2 mexxes .. and legion gets nothing of that
    ... this could not be anymore unballanced at the moment ...
  6. dragon7244

dragon7244 New Member

Sorry for the dumb question. I'm new here. Where can I download this mod?
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You can download it in-game. Go to "Community Mods", click on "Available". It should be there. You can type "Obliteration" in the filter to narrow down the search.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. Quitch

You will also need Titans.
    stuart98 and DeathByDenim like this.
  9. alexaiz

alexaiz New Member

Anyone know if this is ever going to be updated for the newest version of Legion?
  10. dragon7244

dragon7244 New Member

Thanks guys :).
  11. stuart98

Oh hey I finally got off my *** and did things I should have done months ago.

Fixed a bug that made the XOV commander useless.

Slightly updated the mod help chat text, and made the mod help chat mod a requirement.

Renamed Dox to "Zerg" and Ant to "DissonAnt" per the months old donation incentives from the ablegamers tournament.
    manlebtnureinmal likes this.
  12. Quitch

You should look at the Legion new_game.js to see how it injects messages into the lobby and uses the translation framework to do so. Better than using mod help chat. Would be happy to help with that.
  13. manlebtnureinmal

manlebtnureinmal Active Member

If there's any change in PO that needs to be made to the base game, it's this one.
  14. stuart98

Quitch, if I end up caring enough about this game again to do more than bare minimum mod updates months late, I'll look into it.

16.3.1 fixes me being an idiot and breaking the mod help chat file. All mod help chat topics should now display properly.
  15. KrazyBrute

KrazyBrute New Member

I noticed on your mod description, you state "legion +". Therefore im assuming legion is included in this mod. So shall I delete my existing installation of legion when I install this mod or can I leave it installed?

Thanks
  16. Quitch

It's a mod of the game which also includes and mods Legion. It cannot be active at the same time as Legion, but is not the same as Legion.
  17. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

I plan to build a new mod, using your stuff, Stuart98. I'll focus on user acceptance. Don't know if I will succeed. I'll start with vanilla, and then adding unit by unit, and I'll mix MLA with legion units. Main focus is MLA units and similar economy feeling to vanilla.

is that okay for you?
  18. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Someone just opened a PO game which i joined. PO felt fresh, even if I dont like all modifications. Halley was bugged, i couln't lauch the moon on Pax.
  19. stuart98

I don't have any issue with that.

Halleys require 7x to equal one vanilla halley, but they're like 5x cheaper to compensate. It just looks better when there's a bunch of them than one.

also po in 2018 lol

I legitimately have not opened PA in two months
  20. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Sure PO in 2018, why not?

Don't underestimate what you did!

I play PA very very often.

7 times? omg. Thats much. Yes, looks nice. But not enough space on moon maybe. And I don't know if there is a message thelling this. ;P

One of the things I roll back :p

sorry sorry sorry :)

Thanks for your Mod!