CULT Profiteering From Plagiarising, Lying, Harassment and Vote Brigading

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mikeyh, January 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

No comment - Just saving this post.
    wpmarshall likes this.
  2. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

mikeyh has nothing to do with it this time, he's a mentally ill man who needs urgent treatment for Internet Addiction. We didn't realize this the last time, but the real problem is Jeremy Ables' cynical exploitation of this sick man for profit. None of the troubles would have happened if Jeremy Ables hadn't delegated the administration of Uber's game to a non-Uber employee.

We are saving everything too. We will soon have a Discord channel with thousands of people saving everything.
  3. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

Just in case you kids living in a bubble don't realize it: the Steam reviews are filled with a veritable ARMY of people alleging abuses of authority by mikeyh. Our review garnered 30+ upvotes in 24 hours.

mikeyh's continued administration of the game is untenable, and the quicker Jeremy Ables realizes this and stops exploiting him for profit, the less the damage to Uber and PA will be.
  4. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

Comments on mikeyh from Diskraip, number 1 Uber player for much of the last few months, and leader of the BSE clan: the strongest clan currently playing PA:

Diskraip-Today at 4:23 PM
    Just want give some help

CULT|icycalm-Today at 4:23 PM
    The help we need is all the clans to post in our thread and support us
    But this will not happen
    So we will fight this alone, as we have set up these events alone
    If 30 clan players said "Uber has to manage mikey", then Uber would do it

Diskraip-Today at 4:24 PM
    Ok, i will make post in uber forum

CULT|icycalm-Today at 4:24 PM
    He has been abusing his authority, and you know it
    Something has to be done to stop it

Diskraip-Today at 4:25 PM
    Yes
  5. robomoo

robomoo Member

6. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

We're getting to defamation territory now. You guys are insane.
  7. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

We will let the gaming blogs make that call. Unless we can find an organization in the US which takes on cases of exploitation of mentally ill people by companies, and they decide to take on this case.
  8. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

No idea when I was unbanned, but since I have been, I might as well say this.

The man responsible for all the escalation, from the very beginning, has been mikey. Nicb had no problem at all with our adding "Insomnia Version" under the Legion logo (he even "liked" the screenshot of it we posted); it was mikey who declared war on us for it.

It was mikey who repeatedly banned our server and our accounts from many of the game's features that are available to other players.

It was NOT Nicb, or elodea, or kiwi, who called us "dogs" and "profiteers" and "plagiarists". It was always mikey.

Indeed, several people in this thread have tried to help us fix our mod over mikey's shouting. If someone could just take the keys away from him for even A SINGLE DAY, I am convinced that, with the help of the Legion team, all issues about Insomnia Legion can be fixed. We certainly want to fix them, as we have said repeatedly. But utterly unreasonable demands like "go on github and do what I say or your mod will never be published" will never be met by us. And of course it is only mikey who is making these outrageous demands, not Nicb and the Legion team.

If, moreover, our accounts and our server are returned to full functionality, equivalent to all the other players, and our events start getting advertised in the main menu along with all the other events (something which, again, only mikey is blocking, and has been blocking for 6 months now), we will halt our campaign against Uber. None of this will work if mikey is not removed from the controls, but he should be removed anyway, for his own good, and for the good of the game and the community. If he still wants to contribute code to the game, he can do it through intermediaries at Uber. But his days of powertripping over the game and harassing whoever rubs him the wrong way will soon be over, one way or another.
    Last edited: January 19, 2018
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

You got an actual source for that? @diskraip can you verify you're not being held at gunpoint for something?
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  10. icycalm

11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I too, want this mess to be over. I thought it was pretty simple what he wants you guys to do though. Just make a github repository (just like Legion itself) which keeps a history of changes/modifications to the Insomnia mod (this satisfies part of CC-BY) and update the modinfo with our names AND your names. Just give credit where credit is due (i.e. license, public posts, etc). I'm sure if you follow up and remove any of these steam reviews Mikey will follow up too. I doubt he likes this cringey internet arguing.
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. boagriusfiroz

boagriusfiroz Member

13. icycalm

We will make the changes to our mod anyway. The changes are not conditional to anything. So there's no deal to be made with mikey. He has banned our server for nothing.

Also, I promise you that I will never use a site with such a stupid name as "github". I neither know nor care what it does. No other modder is required to use that stupid site, and me and my clan will certainly not use it.
  14. killerkiwijuice

15. killerkiwijuice

Every PA modder uses that site... It's extremely popular among programmers and modders alike. I am required to use it for projects in my computer science major too.

Your choice.
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. diskraip

diskraip New Member

Just want say that I understand that insomnia mod is plagiarism. But they don't hide it. They wrote that they mod based on legion. Of course all who have worked on legion mod deserve mention. And i think that CULT will add information about all where you want. Just say where and what. But they can write, that this their version of your mod, because insomnia mod have some changes. This already not a legion. This is legion with changes. I understand that they must use original licence. All problems is due to the absence of the original license is correct? Because MIT licence allows individuals to use the Software free of charge how they want. All they need is to place the text of the license? I think it no problem. Do not you like that they charge a participation fee? But they don't have profit. They spend more money on their server. So, i don't understand why we can't solve all this "problems"
  17. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Might be a stupid name but it would make your life a lot easier to use some kind of version control system.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Just like mikey alone has said "where and what" several times in explicit writing that could only be misinterpreted or misunderstood by the most ignorant or by those who intentionally feign ignorance of this so called "git hub"
  19. icycalm

If this becomes evident at some future time, then we will do it. But not because mikey is demanding it from us.

For the moment it would just add to our workload.
  20. icycalm

We are extremely ignorant. But mikey thinks we are lying about our ignorance.

Like I said, conspiracy theories by someone who is online 24/7 and needs help for Internet Addiction.

The continued googling about the private lives of CULT members is part of this. None of it is any business of mikey's, but it is part of Internet Addiction to spend all day googling about things that don't concern you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.